36

I'm so sorry for not updating this. I've been so busy with school and basketball. I'm on fall break this week so I'm going to post some more chapters.

Chapter 36
TIMS POV:
We had a nice dinner then went back to Faith's parents house. Her parents and I sat down in the living room and watched tv while Faith gave Lincoln a bath. Edna and I made small talk. Her dad still avoided talking to me. It made me even more nervous.
Lincoln and Faith came back down a little after 8.
Faith sat beside me and rested her head on my shoulder.
"Dad, will you help me plug my xbox up in the room upstairs and play with me?" He asked. I looked at Faith and she nodded. "Sure bud, but we can't play too long because you have to sleep." I said. We went upstairs and I got the Xbox hooked up.
We played madden for about a hour. "Alright, time for you to go to sleep!" I said. "Aww." He said and got up. I turned the game off while he got in bed.
I sat on the edge of the bed. "I love you dad." He said. "I love you too. Goodnight." I said and ruffled his hair.
I went back downstairs. Edna was tired and decided to go to bed. "Is he going to sleep?" Faith asked when I sat down. "Yeah, he didn't want to though." I said. Faith laughed. "I'm tired. I'm going to go to bed. In the morning y'all better be acknowledging each other." Faith said to her dad and me.
"Love you dad." She said and kissed his cheek. "I love you too sweetie." He said. She walked over to me. "I love you." I said. "I love you too." She said and gave me a kiss. "Goodnight!" I said as she walked upstairs.
After we heard the door shut her dad looked over at me. "Let's go outside and talk." He said. I followed him onto the front porch. We both sat in chairs. He lit a candle.
"Look I'm sorry that Faith is pregnant. If I had a daughter I wouldn't like it either if some guy I haven't met got her pregnant, but I wouldn't change a thing. I love her and Lincoln. I'm excited for this baby to come." I said. He sighed. "I know you love them. I just do want to see either one of them hurt. Would you hurt them?" He asked looking me dead in the eyes. "No, sir." I said looking him back in the eyes never looking away. "Just call me Ted. Anytime I talked to Lincoln or Faith on the phone they would always talk about you. I think you're a good guy. It's just hard for me to trust any guy around them after West. Whenever we would visit he would make us leave. He never let them come see us either." He said. I didn't know it was that bad. "I understand.. You and Edna are welcome to our house anytime you want to visit." I said. He smiled for the first time. "Edna and I will probably take you up on that offer. We felt like we missed so much time with them because of him." He said. I nodded. I was nervous. I wanted to ask for Faith's hand in marriage, but I didn't know how to bring it up. It was quite for a few moments. "I feel like there's something you're wanting to tell me." He said. "Well there's something I want to ask." I said. "Okay." He said. "Well, I was wondering if I could I ask Faith to marry me?" I asked. He looked over at me. "Absolutely, you better keep your word and never hurt them." He said. "I promise I won't." I said. "One more thing." He said. "What?" I asked. "West had been trying to find out where they're at. If he ever finds them I want you to beat the shit out of him. I don't care if you kill him." He said. "I promise I will." I said.
After that we talked a bit. We finally decided to go to sleep. Faith was already asleep when I walked into the room. I smiled and got read for bed. I got into the bed and pulled her close to me and quickly fell asleep.