"Chip, the bath's free!" Coco said through the door. 

"Thanks!" I grabbed my boxers and an oversized sweater (it's Hansel's) and headed for the bathroom. 

*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*

I found myself looking forward to Home Economics lesson. You see...it's only twice a week. Wait did I just say 'only'? I-I meant twice a week. Yeap. 

"Chip! Wanna join me and the girls at the beach this Saturday?" Kim asked during lunch. She had a strange smile on her face—as if she had sort of an idea. A crazy one. 

"Hey! You didn't invite me—" Jack began to protest. 

"So, so? You up for it?" Kim waved him off as she sipped on her diet coke. Jack rolled his eyes. 

"U-Um okay... but what are we doing at the beach?" 

"There's a beach volleyball tournament there—which of course, includes an after-party because Xander will probably crush them all," Kim wriggled her eyebrows suggestively. 

I sighed. "Then...I guess I won't be going after all..." 

Kim's eyes widened. "Why not? Come on it'll be fun!" She slapped me on the back. 

"I'm bad at parties...?" 

"But after all that happened during Home Econs period?" Kim protested, pointing out my previous—ahem—close encounter with Xander. 

"It's just a project! No big deal...and nothing happened anyway," Which was the sad truth. 

Kim huffed. "Fine. But it's okay for you to change your mind," She winked cheekily at me. 

Poor Jack picked at his fries mumbling something like "girl's talk". 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

School was long and protracted that day. To top it off, it was even raining by the time the last bell rang. 

I grabbed an umbrella from my locker and hurried down the hall—the bakery the first thing on my mind.

As I approached the car porch, my gaze rested on a familiar lean figure standing among cheerleaders and jocks. 

Xander?

My pace began to unconsciously slow down as I watched the group's interaction.