Chapter 2

Foxstar nodded seeing Beetail leave through the camp entrance into the territory. "Who will lead the next patrol?" He asked.
"I'll lead one!" Piped up Copperwhisker, a brown and white tabby tom willing to help no matter what in Foxstar's opinion.
"Okay. Who will you take?" The ginger tabby asked.
"Badgerfang, Marshtail, Tawnybrook, Lakewhisper, Chara, Echobreeze, Blossomclaw, and Fernpaw." He replied.
"Okay then go!" He told them. The cats all exited the camp to get the patrol started and over with, struggling with figuring out how they would come up with at least three pieces of prey in order to make Foxstar pleased as well as the rest of their clan.

Beetail stood tall, snow whipping through her long haired dark brown pelt.
"How are we going bring at least three peices of prey back?" Rainpaw asked. Blossomclaw stood by her side, just as tall as she was. "We must keep to the border three tail lengths away from the wild woods? That's where the best fresh-kill is so I've heard." Her tone was flat, as it always was.
"Ok." Rainpaw mewed.
Her apprentice Fernpaw, shivered slightly. "I'm so cold." She muttered.
"Why don't you hunt and stop shivering? That'll keep you warm." Her mentor snapped with a still blank tone. Fernpaw looked down, her pelt hot. "Hey leave her alone!" Rainpaw was walking beside her.
The scarred orange she-cat did not reply.
Fernpaw smiled lightly. "Thank you..." She purred quietly.
"You're welcome." Rainpaw mewed quietly.
Beetail smiled trying not to purr at the young apprentice's courage. Blossomclaw's muscles looked like they tensed as she buried her muzzle into the snow and in her jaws was a now dead mouse.
"That was awsome!" Rainpaw mewed. "And fast!" Slatepelt commented. Fernpaw smiled at her mentor. Copperwhisker sniffed the air, his nostrils flared and he pelted after a rabbit, kicking up snow as he pelted forward. The patrol ran after him. He had caught it.
"That's so cool!" Rainpaw beamed. His flanks were heaving.
"Are you ok?" Fernpaw asked quietly. "Just... Exhausted.." He huffed.
"All we need is one more to go back!" The dark gray apprentice chirped. "I'll do it!" Chara piped up jumping on her paws.
"You can do it!" Fernpaw encouraged. "Shh." Beetail hissed. She looked around, slowly realizing they weren't on AshClan territory anymore. Rainpaw slowly turned his head to see three warriors and three apprentices, the scent of ViperClan stinging his senses like a bee sting.
"We should run." Fernpaw whispered. "State your business." Meowed the big ginger tom of the six cats combined. "We were hunting and we weren't paying attention and must have crossed the border." Copperwhisker replied. "That's Sunsetclaw," Chara whispered to Fernpaw and Rainpaw. "I heard during the battle with the wolves, he and just two other cats chased a wolf off by themselves." As she said this, she stared directly at the ViperClan warrior.
"And that is correct." Sunsetclaw mewed.
"Let us leave and neither cat gets harmed." Beetail meowed gently, trying to keep her composure.
"I believe that would be accurate. We just dealt with two cats earlier. They were lucky we let them go without a skirmish." He mewed in agreement. Beetail nodded her head and flicked her tail for her clanmates to follow. The clanmates followed her surprised.
"Better than what Sneakingfoot would have done.." Slatepelt meowed as if out of nowhere to the others.
"You're not wrong." Blossomclaw agreed.
"Of course." Fernpaw mewed softly. "He's our deputy though." Came Echobreeze's mew.
"Yes but he's a genocidal creep." Rainpaw mewed.
"I honestly don't see why Foxstar chose him." Copperwhisker mewed through his catch.
"He's a warrior." Lakewhisper mewed. Beetail said nothing and just padded forward leading the patrol.
"Beetail?" Rainpaw mewed.
She turned to stare at the dark gray apprentice.
"I-is everything thing o-ok?" He asked. "Yes." The dark brown tabby she-cat replied.
"Are you sure? You seem quiet." Rainpaw observed.
"Hey! Less meowing more walking!" Blossomclaw called.
Fernpaw padded faster. Beetail growled, her hackles rising with annoyance, turned on the scarred ginger she-cat. "Then you walk up ahead! I'd rather freeze dying out here than hear you yowl in my ear!" She snapped.
For the first time, Blossomclaw's eyes flashed with shock.
Rainpaw put his head down trying not to laugh at what had just happened. Beetail then curled her tail over her back and padded past the she-cat beside Rainpaw.