Alois part 1

It was my  first day of work and I was already running late. Master Trancy would not be happy with this sort of behavior.

I rushed to the front door and, before I could even knock, the head butler had opened it. His name was Claude Faustus, a very...direct man. He looked down at  me , glaring in disappointment before speaking.

"You're late, Miss L/N." he said with a stern voice. "The Master will not be pleased to find out you were late on your first day. If you wish to keep this job, I expect you to be on time each day. Do I make myself clear?"

I bowed to him in apology. "Yes, Sir", I replied.

He moved out of the way for me to walk in, my suitcase in hand. Although, I was only allowed to wear one uniform, I had extra clothes just in case.

I looked around in amazement, my eyes  widening. I had only been here once before, but each time I walked inside, my breath was taken away. It was simply elegant and quite beautiful.

"This way", Claude said as he turned down a hallway to his right. "I shall show you to your room first. After, I will have you get dressed and meet your new Master."

I was listening to Claude, but I was also looking around with a smile. Being the demon he is, he could sense your actions. He adjusted his glasses once before continuing.

"The Master does not tolerate airheads. So if you are looking around while he is speaking to you, i can not guarantee your safety", he added.

I bit my bottom lip, as if a little kid who had just gotten in trouble. Claude opened a door to his left, moving out of the way soon after.

"This is your room. Please dress down and come find me when you are done. From there, we will head straight to the Master's room."

And with that, he walked off, adjusting his eyewear yet again. I watched as he left, bowing again as thanks.

I walked back into your designated room, letting out a sigh.

"Oh, man", I said, "This is a very crowded space, isn't it?"

I looked towards a closed window, strutting over to it and opening the dusty blinds. I coughed slightly as particles of debris flew around the room. I opened up the window and took in the fresh air from outside. After that was done, I  inched towards my bag, placing it on the bed and unlatching it.

I unpacked my clothes, placing them neatly into the given drawers. When I went to the closet, I noticed a maid outfit had been hanging on a single hanger. I wondered how it got there, but then observed the gaudily piece of clothing. I made a face in slight disbelief.

"Does the master really want me to wear this...?"

Instead of arguing, I took it down and started to undress.

Once I had finished, I walked out of my room, shutting the door behind me  and looking both ways of the long hallway. I turned right and simply went back the way I came. I ended up at the front door, still trying to figure out where to go.

The outfit I were wearing was slightly uncomfortable. It was too short for me and I could feel the breeze move underneath you each time I  walked. It was a French Maid uniform, but I lived in England. I  didn't understand why I had to wear this. Surely the other maids did not have to wear such an exposing attire? I let the thought go, continuing my  search.

I had stumbled into yet another hallway, seeing a purple-haired servant on the other end of the hall. His bangs had been parted to the left-well, his right-and his eyes were the same color. I let out a slight gasp of happiness.