Chapter 12

Regina's POV

It's been two weeks since Emma went missing and we're no closer to finding out anything.

Today is another long day of strategising and everyone is starting to meet their wits end. Every lead we get turns out to be some villager looking for a reward. The frustration was eating at me day by day and as each day goes on it feels like I'm getting further and further away from being any help at all.

"What about rumplestiltskin? Nobody has seen him since we came back here." My sister said.

I can't believe I never thought of him!

"You think he took Emma?" David piped up.

"Not likely, he wouldn't kidnap Emma because he has other ways of getting what he wants, but he could give us some information" Zelena replied. Hook stood up from his seat and slammed his hand into the table.

"Crocodile! Show yourself you bloody demon!" He shouted. He clearly had been on his rum again and wasn't bothered who knew. He stunk of rum and the sea, a scent I know Emma was fond of.

Is. A scent I know Emma is fond of. I refuse to believe that Emma has stopped fighting, I refuse to believe that Emma is dead.

In a cloud of red smoke, Rumplestiltskin appeared and he was back to his old self. His skin was as scaled as ever and his outfits the same.

"What can I do you for, dearie?" He asked. He was sitting on the table across the room with his legs crossed and his arms making the dramatic gestures as always.

"Tell me where the hell Emma is" Hook seethed, he wasn't looking at anyone around him just Rumplestiltskin.

"Erm, let me think about that." He held his finger to his chin like he was contemplating it. "No" he stated bluntly.

"Why the hell not!" David yelled, also standing from his seat.

"Well, Prince Charming, this is so much more fun!" He laughed before waving his hands and transporting himself out of the castle.

Killian took his hook off and threw it to the wall of the room in anger. He yelled and kicked the chair over.

"Why is everybody so damn useless!" He screamed.

"Mate, if you don't calm down you're going to hurt yourself" Robin said, walking up to him and putting his hand on Hook's shoulder.

He shrugged it off and turned back around to us all.

"If no one here can find Emma, then I am going to find her myself! I'll take my crew and sail to every realm if I bloody well have to!" He shouted before kicking the chair again and storming out of the room, picking his hook up on the way. Nobody followed him in fear of what his anger might make him do.

I quickly rose from my chair and hurriedly walked to the opposite door that hook left from.

I quickly walked out of the room and turned down a hall and entered a room with magical artefacts in. My breathing was shaky as I became more stressed.

A few tears fell down my face but I remained silent, I couldn't let everyone worry about me while we all worry about Emma.

"Regina, are you alright?" Robin asked as he walked into the room and stood in front of me.

"No! I'm not alright!" I yelled. "Two weeks! That's how long it's been, and I'm failing with every turn I make! Do you know how many leads I've found? And how many of those turned out to be frauds? I can't do this anymore! If roles were reversed, do you know how easily Emma would have found us? It was her actual job to find people. And even the thought of that makes me feel so much more useless" My voice cracked and tears unwillingly slid down my cheeks.

"Regina, it's okay. I know you, and I know that you won't stop until you get her back. Have hope." Robin told me, his voice calm and collected. Although Robin's voice normally soothed me, this time I don't think it could.

"Have hope? I've had hope. These past two weeks all I've done is hope that she's okay. And what good has that done me? I am the most powerful sorceress in the entire realm, and for the first time in my entire damn life, I am completely and utterly powerless! There's nothing I can do to help Emma or the charmings or Henry or even Hook." I couldn't help as a lump formed in my throat and my chest heaved. All of my emotions finally fought up.

Everything I've held back for two weeks has finally broke free. I never wanted to intended weak and I in no way wanted to steal focus from our mission - saving Emma.

"You just need to take a moment to breathe. You're stretching yourself too thin" Robin said, taking me into his arms and giving me one of those hugs that I've always found comforting.

"She's my best friend Robin! My best and only friend! What am I meant to do?" I sobbed into his chest.

He didn't reply, he probably didn't know what to say. No one would know what to say in this situation.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you" I told him through my muffled sobs.

"It's okay. Just promise me that when you start feeling stressed again, you'll come talk to me?" I held me at arms length and stared into my eyes.

"I promise. I love you" I told him.

"I love you too."

He kissed my lips softly, savouring the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~