Jealousy- This isn't a lie

(Author's note: hi guys! i hope you've been enjoying the story thus far! and I really hope you continue enjoying the story. this one kinda breaks the pattern i've had up to now, but do forgive me. I couldn't wait for this one. <3 )

Watanaki Sakuya missed his only friend.
After the Servamp War had ended, he'd avoided Mahiru. He adored his friend, but they'd both lied to each other. Plus, he really needed time to himself to sort things out.
Sakuya was a subclass vampire. He hadn't told that to Mahiru. But after Mahiru found out, he'd accepted it as if it were the easiest thing in the world.
Hey, uncle, remember my childhood friend? Turns out we only knew each other for a year! Oh, bonus, he'll outlive me cause he's a vampire!
Yeah, right.
Although... considering Mahiru... he'd definitely say something like that.

Mahiru wasn't surprised when he heard a knock on his apartment door. He was, however, surprised to find out who it was that was knocking.
For over a few weeks now, Kuro's Servamp siblings had been dropping by randomly, demanding to see the NEET vampire, then leaving just as quickly (sometimes dragging Servamp and Eve outside with them).
"S-Sakuya?" Mahiru stammered, starting at his green-haired friend.
"Yo, Mahiru-sama!" he flashed a grin.
Mahiru threw his arms around the subclass, "Sakuya! I've been worried sick!"
Sakuya gave a nervous hug back, "Heheheh, sorry. I needed some time alone. Anyway, I need to talk to your cat."
Mahiru sighed and pulled back, "Everyone's here for Kuro, never for me."
"No, no, I'm here for you too, but I gotta ask him something." Sakuya sighed. "It's pretty important, actually."
Mahiru nodded, "I get it. Kuro!" he shouted. "Oh, they use they/them pronouns now."
"Wha-"
They waited a few minutes. Mahiru sighed loudly, "He's in my room, probably asleep."
"Alright." Sakuya marched off and opened the door, "Hey! Cat!"
Kuro lifted their head, "Oh, a guy so troublesome I could die has shown up."
"What do you think of Mahiru?" Sakuya demanded.
"...What." Kuro poofed to their vampire form and sat up.
"What do you think of Mahiru?"
Kuro lowered their gaze, "He's not a pain."
Sakuya pulled out a knife, "No. How do you feel about him?"
Kuro held their hands up in surrender, "Ahhhh, noooo, don't hurt me. I don't know what you mean!"
"Better figure it out fast, then!" Sakuya glared.
"Ahhhh! Are you asking if I'm in love with him?!"
"YEAH!"
Kuro fell quiet and looked away, "I..."
Sakuya stepped forward, "Be honest. Don't even try lying."
Kuro kept their gaze averted, "I'm a vampire. I don't know love."
"Lust sure does. Greed does. You do." He continued glaring. "One more lie and I'll cut something."
Kuro squirmed, "What do you want me to say?"
"I want you to tell me the truth."
"...I do but it's too much trouble. He'll just die." Kuro replied, unusually loud.
"Ahhh... what are you guys talking about?" Mahiru spoke. Both vampires jumped and spun around.
"MAHIRU." they yelped.
"U-uh!" Sakuya stammered.
Kuro lowered their gaze even more, chewing their lip and accidentally causing it to bleed.
"What's this about someone dying and being troublesome?" Mahiru asked.
Sakuya shifted, "Well, I wanted to know how your Servamp felt about you."
"Um, why?"
Sakuya blushed, "Um!"
"He asked if I'm in love with you." Kuro whispered. Mahiru blushed.
"Wha-!"
"Probably cause he loves you too."
"Eeeeeek! N-no! D-don't lie, stupid cat!" Sakuya shrieked.
Mahiru blushed even more, "S-Sakuya...d-do you... love me?"
Sakuya shrieked again and buried his head in his hands. Mahiru looked over to his NEET vampire.
"It doesn't matter how I feel. You'll die, no matter how hard I try to protect you. So, if you want, date Sakuya. It doesn't matter." Kuro mumbled.
"Yes, please!" Sakuya squeaked.
Mahiru scratched the back of his neck, "Um, you guys know I can date both of you, right?"
They fell quiet. Sakuya raised an eyebrow, "Both?"
"I'm not a meme." Kuro glared. "I'm not gonna cooperate."
"Cmon! It was perfect! 'Both? Both. Both is good'. It would've been a perfect response!"
Mahiru laughed, "Simply thinking, I like both of you, so we should just be in a polyamorous relationship."
Sakuya clutched his chest and sank to his knees, wheezing, "Mahiru is too cute..."
Kuro glared and opened the window, "I'll be back in a little. Before the four hour mark."
"Ah???? Kuro!!!! KURO!!!!!"
Kuro jumped out the window, landed on their feet, and walked off, their hands in their pocket.
Mahiru stared, "Did I say something?"
Sakuya frowned and held his hand out to Mahiru, "Um... sorry (not really) for threatening your cat."
"Don't worry."

Lily was happily riding with Misono in the Alicein car when he spotted his oldest sibling. "Misono." he pointed.
"Pull up to the Servamp." Misono ordered Dodo. The chauffeur slowed down, pulled up as close as possible, and Lily unrolled the window.
"Kuro~!" he called out. When Kuro turned, Lily gasped and hopped out. "What's wrong?"
Kuro pressed their head to Lily's chest, shaking. Lily pulled them into the car and sat beside them, "Shhhh, shhhhh, what's wrong?"
Kuro pulled their hood further down, huddling against their youngest sibling. Lily hugged them, "Misono, let's go back home."
"Alright, back to the Alicein house."

Lily helped Kuro inside and stroked their hair, "Do you want me to call Hyde?"
Kuro nodded and stayed curled up in a tiny ball. Lily hurried off and called his older brother, "Hello? Licht-san? Yes, this is Lily. Can I speak to Hyde? It's very important."
He waited patiently and heard a familiar, "Yo!"
"Hyde! Hurry over! We found Kuro on a walk by themself and they're not saying anything!" Lily explained quickly.
"LICHT-TAN! TO THE ALICEIN HOUSE!!!!!" Hyde shouted, hanging up.
Lily hurried back to Kuro and stroked their hair, "Hyde's coming. What's wrong?"
Kuro mumbled, "Sakuya showed up n Mahiru said we could date but it's pointless."
Misono glared, "You're upset???? Because of that????? Fool!"
"Misono, shhhh. Kuro has very low self esteem." Lily continued petting their hair. "Dear sibling, everyone deserves love, even you. Being a vampire doesn't mean you don't deserve love."
Kuro mumbled.

A few minutes later, the door flew open. Hyde poofed into a hedgehog and threw himself onto Kuro, squeaking and pawing at his face.
"Lily! What's wrong with them?!" Hyde demanded in his tiny voice.
"Mahiru said he'd date him and Sakuya and they became upset."
Hyde poofed back to his vampire form, "Here I thought their Eve died. You gave me a scare!"
"Look at how upset they are!" Lily pleaded. "Do you think this is silly?"
Hyde glanced down and sighed, curling up against his sibling, "Ash. Cmon. Love's not so bad. And loving a human isn't so bad. Sure, they're fragile and die sooner than us, but Eves are stronger than that."
Kuro turned and pressed against the Servamp of Greed, "Vampires are monsters..."
"Ash..."
"We all exist and deserve to be loved. Even you, even me."
"Even Miso Soup-kun?" Kuro mumbled, chuckling a little bit.
"HEY!!!!!!" Misono launched himself at Kuro. Licht restrained him, sighing.
"Yes, even Misono." Lily kissed Kuro's hair, "Dearest sibling of mine, you can love and be loved."
"Cause, Ash, we love you, and that's not scary, right?" Hyde asked, blushing a bit.
Kuro hugged Hyde, pressing their head to his, purring quietly.

Mahiru paced his living room in a circle, frantic for the return of his Servamp. Sakuya jumped out, hugging Mahiru while wearing a maid uniform.
"Sakuya?! What are you wearing?!" Mahiru shrieked, blushing.
"I'm trying to cheer you up." Sakuya replied bluntly.
Mahiru paused, chuckled, then laughed, "Really... you're so weird, Sakuya."
Sakuya grinned and winked, "Just for you."
The door opened, revealing the missing Servamp. Mahiru pulled away, "Kuro!"
Kuro shuffled off to the kitchen, grabbed a soda and a packet of Twinkies, and shuffled back to the living room, "Sorry about taking off like that." he mumbled.
"S-sorry, I might've said something bad."
"Nah. I just can't deal when you start saying stuff like 'I like you'." Kuro shrugged.
Mahiru let out a sigh, "Ok. If it bothers you that much, I'll just date Sakuya."
Kuri frowned, "I... wouldn't mind... but I think Sakuya would."
Mahiru turned to his friend. Sakuya shrugged, "I'm fine with it. But I'm only dating Mahiru, not you. You mean nothing to me."
Kuro nodded, "And you mean nothing to me, so I think it's fine."
Mahiru sighed loudly, shaking his head, "What am I gonna do with you two?"
Sakuya grinned, leaned close, and kissed Mahiru's cheek, "Date us."
Mahiru laughed and hugged him, his other hand grabbing Kuro's hand, "Sounds like simple thinking to me."