Doubt Doubt (and C3)

((Author's Note: I hope you guys have been enjoying the story!))

Sleepy Ash hadn't met his newest sibling prior to Sensei bringing him to the house. Apparently, he was (or had been) a 'witch'. He made medicines for people, preferring to help with life.
Old Child was away that day, scouring the world for an Eve. As the Servamp of Pride, he only wanted the best human for an Eve.
The witch stared at the sleepy vampire, "Who is he?" he asked Sensei.
"This will be your older brother, Sleepy Ash, the Servamp of Sloth." he introduced kindly.
The witch stared before adjusting his long black ponytail, "So, how will this work?"
"Go to the room at the end of the hallway. It'll be to your left." Sensei instructed. He turned to his first child, "Do not try to peak, alright?"
"Why not?" Sleepy Ash asked.
"Because I said so."
"Fine." Sleepy Ash yawned and curled up.
"Where is your brother?"
"Out." the vampire mumbled. Sensei nodded and walked to the farthest room. As soon as the door had clicked shut, the vampire hopped up and stared down the hall.
I wonder why he said I can't watch? Is it painful?
The front door swung open, revealing a two foot tall vampire in a cape and a monocle. "Greetings, brother! How art thou on this fair eve?"
"Sensei brought a new brother for us." Sleepy Ash replied. "But he's still human."
"Ah! I must go greet him!" Pride lunged for the hallway. His older brother caught him.
"Sensei said we can't look."
"Did he say 'we' or 'thee'?"
"...Just... just me."
"Then there is naught an issue with my greeting our newest brother!" Old Child concluded, marching down the hallway. He swung the door open, "Greetings, Sensei and-"
The room was empty. Old Child gaped before hissing, "Brother! Make haste!"
"Paste? Why?" he yawned.
"No no no! Thou must make haste and gaze thine eyes upon this!"
"But-"
"Sensei is not home!" the Servamp of Pride hissed.
Sleepy Ash stood up and hurried over, staring into the room, "But... where did they go?"
Pride started tapping the walls, "Pull at the books! There must be a hidden chamber!"
"Your head is in the clouds." Sleepy Ash yawned, but did as he was told. He eventually checked under the bed. His red eyes widened and he moved the bed. He pointed, "Trap door."
The door swung open. Both vampires turned around, ready to defend themselves. Sensei shook his head, disappointed.
"I told you not to come back here."
"You said I couldn't. You never said we couldn't." he replied nervously. Sensei nodded.
"Alright. This way." Sensei opened up the trap door, revealing a winding staircase. Both vampires followed him.

The witch was on a bed, looking blissfully asleep. Sleepy Ash sniffed him.
"He's not dead."
"Of course not. I didn't have a chance to begin. All I was able to do was put him to sleep." Sensei explained.
Old Child pulled up a seat, "So, you did this to me and my brother as well?"
"Yes."
"...How did you know this would work?" Sleepy Ash whispered.
Sensei closed his eyes, "Trial and error."
"What happened to those it did not work on?" Old Child asked curiously.
"There's a reason I said it the way I did."
They died. Sleepy Ash closed his eyes. "So why did it work on us?"
"I'm still looking into that." Sensei chuckled.

Both vampires watched silently. Sleepy Ash cringed as Sensei inserted needle after needle into the witch's veins. After a few hours, he stopped and leaned back.
"When will he wake up?" Old Child asked.
"By nighttime." Sensei answered quietly.

Sensei gently woke the new vampire, soft and encouragingly. His red eyes opened slowly and he put a hand over his face.
"Good morning, DoubtDoubt of Envy."
DoubtDoubt stayed frozen for a few moments before relaxing, "Did... it work?"
"Yes." Sensei smiled kindly. "This is your other brother, Old Child of Pride."
"Greetings." he tipped his hat.
"Hello."
A man in a white coat walked in, "Oh. I wasn't expecting the other two."
Sensei stood up, "Curiosity killed the cat." he smiled.
Sleepy Ash stood in front of his siblings protectively, glaring, "Who are you?"
"I'm with a neutral organization, C3. Your creator called us to show us the fruits of his labor."
Sleepy Ash growled, "Stay away from my brothers."
"Calm down, Sleepy Ash. They're not going to hurt any of us. They've been funding my research, our home, travel expenses, food- you name it, they helped us get it." Sensei spoke calmly.
"Why are... they here?" DoubtDoubt asked quietly. He was still really tired from the transition from human to vampire.
"We wanted to watch the process and run some tests." the man replied. Sleepy Ash didn't budge, still ready to kill the human if he moved too quickly.
"DoubtDoubt has just woken up. Save his tests for later. Sloth? Pride?" Sensei glanced down. "I promise these tests won't hurt."
"Hm... I may find a good human among them! I'll participate!" Old Child jumped off his seat. He held his hand out to his older brother, "You should come as well."
Sleepy Ash looked up at Sensei. Sensei put a hand on his shoulder, "It will help when we find other siblings for you."
Sloth gritted his teeth and shuffled after the human.

Sensei lied.

The tests did hurt.

They drew blood, had him try different foods until he threw up, made him run until he was tired, exposed him to painful amounts of sunlight, and tested his limits.

Sleepy Ash found a corner and rubbed his arms. Old Child trudged in, yawning.
"Art thou alright?" he asked quietly.
"...Are you?" he whispered.
"Barely. But true vampires do not sulk over pain!" he puffed his chest out, shaking hard.
I'll kill them all. Sleepy Ash though, glaring at the door. The door opened and Sensei walked in, DoubtDoubt in tow.
"The results should be available in a few hours. Tomorrow, at the latest." he smiled warmly. Sleepy Ash jumped onto the table, baring his fangs at Sensei.
"You lied! Those tests hurt!" he growled. "They stuck me all over! They made me eat until I threw up! My lungs hurt! I'm cramping all over! I have sunburns everywhere!"
Sensei stepped closer, his hands up in a sign of surrender, "I'm sorry."
"Sorry?! You're sorry?! They put me through hell! Sorry doesn't cut it!"
"Calm down." Sensei spoke gently. "I didn't know they would do those things to either of you." he held his hand out. "Shhhhh."
Sleepy Ash shrank back, meowing pitifully. Sensei picked him up gently. He picked up the second brother and hugged them both.

Sleepy Ash struggled to sleep for the first time.