Seventeen: Remind Me Never To Pass A Note Again

Začít od začátku

"Now go up to the Hospital Wing. Nobody knows what that potion is, it might be dangerous, knowing these two." Snape glared at Seamus and Neville. 

I raced down the hall, tears spilling down my cheeks. To make it worse, my skin was very itchy. I had a feeling it had something to do with the potion.

As I got closer to the Hospital Wing, my skin grew less itchy, and began to get warm. It got hotter and hotter, until finally it was scalding when I collapsed on the floor of the Hospital Wing. Madam Pomfrey rushed over.

"I'm guessing you're coming from Potions?" She asked.

I nodded. "Ow! My skin's burning! Help me!"

My skin was scalding. It felt like someone had just put me in a big pot on the stove, and heated it up to three hundred degrees. My insides were boiling. It felt worse than what I imagined death to be.

The only thing comforting me was the coolness of the floor, but even that was hurting. Compared to everything else, it felt nice though.

Madam Pomfrey lifted me up, and I screamed. "Let go of me!"

"No, you must take a cool bath to get rid of the pain." Madam Pomfrey said.

I screamed again. A bath sounded painful right now. "Let me down!"

I saw Draco come into the Hospital Wing. "Where's Emily?"

"She's near Mr. Longbottom." Madam Pomfrey said. 

I screamed again. The fire inside me was spreading.

He frowned seeing me. "Adele, what's wrong?"

"Potions accident." Madam Pomfrey shouted over my screams. "I have a feeling the Weasley's might have something to do with this."

Draco scowled. "I wouldn't be surprised. Is everyone in here?"

At that moment, I was able to notice Seamus and Neville come in. They had large red boils all over their faces, arms, legs, and every inch of their skin.

I felt a wave of panic. Did I look like that? Oh my god, Draco's looking at me right now, looking scared. Holy crap. Oh my god, I look like that. Holy crap, I'm going to kill the twins.

Madam Pomfrey put me down in a spare bed. "Miss Middleton, you'll have to wait. Mr. Longbottom and Mr. Finnigan look the worst of the lot."

I was too busy screaming to hear her. Touching the sheets was agony. I wouldn't be surprised if the sheets burst into flames.

Draco kneeled by my bed. "Adele?"

I screamed, and shut my eyes. Now they were burning too. It was slowly spreading through my body, becoming more painful by the minute.

"Mr. Malfoy, please get her in water." Madam Pomfrey said.

"Don't you dare touch me." I said threateningly, through my screams. 

I can't even find words to describe this pain. It was just.... unbelievably horrifying, something that might be as painful as the Cruciatus curse.

He looked at me, an expression of pain on my face. "I can't."

"Mr. Malfoy, that is an order. Do it now. There's a bath on the other side of the curtain, just put her in." Madam Pomfrey said. "Leave her clothes on."

Draco flushed tomato red. "Um, yeah. Okay."

He lifted me up, bridal style. I punched him and kicked too. "Put me down! Put me down Draco!"

I thought I saw a few tears in his eyes, but I was probably just imagining it. After all, why should he cry over me?

I'm not his girlfriend. I'm not Emily. I'm just Adele, nobody to him.