“My hyperactive sis, let me speak!” I nodded for him to continue and he removed his hand.

“I got these for you. Just something I liked, and I knew you would. I bought them what, two days ago. And we got our old ones out. I figured out you’d come to us when you’d see the earring were missing. But you went to Malaika’s room.” He smirked.

“Awww  wrong prediction. But, thank you!” I jumped on him, and he stumbled.

“You’re welcome. Now, go get ready.” He pushed me into my room, where a makeup and a hair stylist were already waiting. I have never been the one to spend hours to get ready, so Malaika threatened Salman to get them or she’d fly down to get me ready. And since she was told not to travel by air, we had to abide by her. That was also the reason why Arbaaz and Malaika weren’t here with us.

We spoke as the two men did their work. Salman had one nomination this year, and we all were keeping our fingers crossed.

We reached the Beverly Hilton Hotel, and the celebrities were flooding in. There were thousands of fans waiting, hundreds of cameras flashing. We got out of the car, and the crowd went insane screaming their heads out. Why was I doing this?!

We went over to the red carpet, after waving to the fans and letting them take a few pictures. I stood in the middle, with Salman to my right and Sohail to my left. Sohail’s hand was on my waist and Salman’s on my shoulder. I did feel safer this way, and I could walk. Seeing how the flashes had gotten me blind.

“Be yourself.” Salman whispered in my ear, he could see how stiff and tense I was. I nodded and smiled wider.

It wasn’t that bad. I’ve done this so many times; there is no need to worry, I told myself. After a while I blended in, giving better poses and shots. The reporters were shooting questions at us, and we went to the E! online one.

“Good evening World’s most famous siblings.” He greeted us, “You are speaking to Jake from E! Online.”

“Good evening.” I and Salman chorused. Sohail was inside; he wasn’t in the mood of facing questions about Z.

“Uh, you just made that up right? World’s most famous siblings?” I asked Jake.

“No. You guys don’t know?” he asked, puzzled.

“We don’t know what?” Salman looked at me then him.

“You guys are officially the world’s most famous siblings according to hundreds of thousands of votes.” Jake smiled, and I knew he was thinking ‘where do they live? On Mars?’

“Wait, we bet Venus and Serena Williams? Jessica and Ashlee Simpson? Ben and Casey Affleck?” I asked, taken aback. Oh come on, that was impossible!

“Yes. Beat them all.” Jake smiled.

“I didn’t know this! Cassie, you are so dead for not letting me know!” Salman grinned, pinching my cheek.

“Ah, don’t!” I frowned and both of them laughed.

“Who Cassie? Girlfriend?” Jake asked. Ofcourse, the interview would be incomplete if there were no relationship questions.

“No, manager.” Salman replied trying hard to not laugh. Him and Cassie together? That will not happen even if the entire female race burns and rots in hell.

“So are you in a relationship?” He asked, hoping he’d get some headlines.

“Nope. Single.” Salman replied flatly. He was suddenly down, I could tell by the way he looked away. He wanted to be here with Aish. I squeezed his hand and he squeezed it back.