Season 1 Episode 2 Wildly Inappropriate

So here we are again! I’m pretty sure this is the most memorable episode in the history of Dance Moms episodes. If you don’t know Episode 2 of Season 1 then can you really call yourself a super fan? I personally don’t think so… I can practically quote that entire episode I’ve seen it so many times, but if you don’t know it as well as I do, have no fear, I’m hear to recap!

            So this was an episode of firsts, including solos, the Maddie Chloe Showdown, Christi’s hilarious one-liners and the whole “everyone is jealous of Maddie “ theory. It also caused quite an uproar because of the group dance that was preformed, which I’ll get into later.

            This week’s pyramid was pretty fair, in my opinion. The winning trio (Maddie, Paige and Chloe) was in the top spots. Maddie being first, because, well she’s Maddie and Paige being before Chloe, because of Chloe’s falling headpiece. On the bottom were Brooke followed by Nia, who fell out of her acro trick too early, and then Mackenzie at the very bottom, since she didn’t compete. Abby announced that they were going to Lancaster and then mentions how their new number is called Electricty and that it’s going to be “hot and sexy” (Her words not mine). The irony that they’re doing this number in Amish Country wasn’t lost on me. Abby definitely picked the worst week to do this dance. Abby then assigned Maddie and Chloe solos. Christi explains the competition between the two and how Chloe’s Maddie’s biggest competition and she’s right. Chloe and Maddie are always neck and neck. Usually Maddie comes out on top, but we have to factor in the style of dance each girl is doing. Not saying that it always plays a factor because Maddie is definitely amazing.

            When the moms go up to the viewing room Holly immediately begins to complain about how Nia was at the bottom of the pyramid. I know that Holly usually would never do this in real life and the cameras probably caught her at a weak moment, but Kelly’s reaction was really funny. Kelly pointed out that Brooke was also at the bottom and that it wasn’t just Nia. Holly then refuses to admit that Brooke was at the bottom of the pyramid, even though she clearly was. I think Holly was trying to say that Brooke was higher then Nia because she was placed before her in the bottom row, but the wording made it sound like Holly was blind.

The conversation quickly shifts to talking about the Maddie and Chloe solos. Christi starts to complain about how Maddie’s going to get more time then her daughter and that she doesn’t like how Abby always pits Maddie and Chloe against each other. Same old, same old. Well, I guess not same old because this is only the second episode and the first episode with a solo in it, but… Melissa just rolls her eyes and talks about how everyone’s jealous of her daughter in the little costume closet turned diary room. The other moms aren’t jealous of Maddie, she’s just a little girl, but they are jealous of all of the special treatment that Maddie gets over the other girls, which becomes a reoccurring theme throughout the entire show. However, I have a feeling that the producers play it up a bit more then it really is.

The conversation then switches to Cathy, the incoming Mom. Christi coins her “Snobby Poppins” which I love. When Melissa was explaining her, I could tell she was secretly excited to have a mom that’s perkier then her that can annoy the other moms so she doesn’t seem so bad. Hey, it definitely worked.

Another day passes and the girls and the moms are shown in the dancers den talking. When they hear Abby coming all of their moms whisper-shout to pretend that they’re stretching and actually doing something. When Abby walks in all of the girls are in splits and have innocent expressions plastered on their faces. It was super cute! Abby announced that they were trying costume that day and all of the girls looked excited. Nia was the first to try on the costume, which was a skimpy, black and turquoise two-piece with black stockings. They moms reactions were priceless and I will list them below.