Season 3 Episode 31 Clash of the Dance Moms

Happy Dance Moms Tuesday! I can’t say I enjoy when Leslie and Payton come to town, but I do love a good Abby/Cathy showdown! It’s during these competitive and stressful weeks that the dance moms have a chance to band together against the Wicked Witch of Ohio and get along.

So we all entered pyramid tonight with no Hylands. I’m getting a little sick and tired of Kelly storming out of the studio any time she feels like it, but I’ll rant about that a little later. No surprise, Paige and Brooke are dead last on the pyramid. It’s not even just their mom’s fault. I completely agree with Abby when she says that those kids are old enough to make their own decisions. If I were Paige I would’ve told my mom I was doing a solo and I wasn’t leaving with her. However, at the same time I still sympathize with them. I could tell Paige was scared and confused so she left with her mom. Asia and Nia also joined the Hylands at the bottom, because of Asia’s costume malfunction and Nia’s… Wait what did Nia do again? Oh ya I forgot she did nothing! I know what Abby’s saying. During the group dances Nia doesn’t stand out to me either. She’s not dancing poorly, but she’s not wowing me. However, I also agree with Holly. The reason Nia blends in is because Abby doesn’t give her a chance to stand out and instead just sticks her in the back and on the bottom of the pyramid. In a surprising turn of events one of the Zieglers aren’t at the top of the pyramid, nor are they 2nd. I thought it was ridiculous that Abby punished Maddie for not volunteering herself for the new solo. Did Abby punish any of the other girls for not raising their hands? Nope, but she also didn’t volunteer them either. I wouldn’t want to raise my hand either with a psychotic Kelly on the loose. I thought that Maddie should’ve been higher than Chloe, even though I loved how Abby called her the MVP. I think Christi complaining about Chloe being 2nd on the pyramid is ridiculous. Your daughter was announced MVP because she covered Paige’s part in the group number. She didn’t win the magazine cover, which was the “competition of the week” and therefor shouldn’t be on the top.  Do you know the person who did win the magazine competition and was on the top of the pyramid? It was KENDALL!!! If anyone knows me they know that I am probably the biggest Kendall supporter EVER! She is amazingly talented and I absolutely love her! They’re doing another contemporary group number and a trio with Kendall, Chloe and Nia. Originally Maddie was in the trio instead of Nia, but then she got the boot. Again, this is a punishment for Maddie for not doing anything wrong. The ALDC is going against the evil Candy Apples today and according to Abby, “they need to win”. Thank you Abby I don’t think they knew that.

After the pyramid the cameras take a quick trip over to Ohio to film a whole new team. Well, not ALL new. Cathy has gotten rid of all of her boys and replaced them with another all female team, except for one new boy: Lucas. Yes, this is the same Lucas from Dance Mons: Miami. What happened to all of your Dance Dad bodyguards Cathy? I find it hilarious that she basically constructed her team based on how well her dancers’ mothers can yell at ALDC and “protect her”. Cathy is way too obsessed with Abby. What I also find funny is that Cathy thinks that she found this hidden jewel, Nicaya, (aka: that girl who’s just on the show so that they can bring back Black Patsy) and that Abby just didn’t look inside her to see her full potential, when in actuality, Abby kicked out Nicaya because her moms crazier then Kelly’s been lately, and that’s saying a whole lot! The only part of Cathy’s team that I like is Hadley and Yevette. I was totally rooting for them on AUDC and totally took their side when they fought with Kristy and Asia. I don’t know if any of you watched Abby’s Ultimate Dance Competition, but Kristy and Yevette were arch nemeses. Yevette was totally competitive, which I totally supported, (it is a competition) and liked to rattle the cage a bit. From the beginning the moms didn’t think Asia deserved to be there, because she didn’t have good technique and honestly wasn’t as good as the other dancers she was competing against, mind you that many of them were twice her age. When Yvette tried to rattle Kristy all hell broke loose. Imagine the Christie vs. Kristy fight, a few episodes ago, and triple the drama. The reason I respect and like Yevette more is because while, Kristy was shoving her and threatening to punch her Yevette was cool as a cucumber and refused to hit back or retaliate. I almost wish that Asia and Hadley could switch places, but as much as I love Hadley I don’t really want her on the ALDC team either. Keep the Original 7!!! Anyways… Cathy’s group number is another gimmicky group number about the seasons and her trio is about spies, and she says it’s based off of the moms spying on her. Seriously Cathy, seriously. I need to leave this train wreck!