Season 3 Episode 34 On-Again, Off-Again Abby

Once again I’m sorry I’m so late posting. I’ve been so busy with school and other things that there aren’t enough hours in the day. But, you’re not reading this to hear about my lack of free-time, so on to the recap!

Usually, my recap starts at the studio, but this time I’m beginning at Abby’s house where Melissa went to “check up” on Abby. Now I completely understand how they’re friends and friends check up on friends during hard times like this, but let’s face it. That wasn’t the only reason Melissa was there. Melissa always has an agenda and I’m not scolding her. I just have to say, “Well played Melissa.” By visiting Abby she not only strengthened her friendship with Abby, which had been strained over the past couple months, but she also confirmed Maddie’s solo for Nationals. I tip my invisible hat to you.

Abby’s still not at the studio, which means there was no pyramid. I’m a little disappointed, because who doesn’t love a good pyramid. The producers thought they could let it slide by letting the Candy Apples do a pyramid. Let me tell you, it only made me more upset. Before I move on to Ohio, Chloe got a solo and Mackenzie and Asia had a duet. Things are getting saucy between those two. It makes for good TV even though I can’t stand seeing Kenzie looking so defeated all the time.

So at Candy Apples we learn that Anthony is no longer with them. Thank gooseness! (Yes, I said goose and we’re moving on) He was rude and mean and whiney and wasn’t that great of a choreographer. If he did one more stupid gimmick I think I might’ve just chucked my TV remote at the screen. This posed a new question: Who’s going to choreograph now? Surprise! It’s Cathy! It really is a surprise because I don’t think she’s lifted a finger in a while, unless she’s hitting people with handbags. Zack’s back and I’m honestly disappointed. I thought that bundle of talent went back to his own studio so he could actually become successful. Of course she awards him with a solo, so that he can beat Chloe, but with her choreography I doubt that’s possible. After this thought crossed my mind one of the three quote’ of the day occurred. Zack said, “With Cathy’s choreography I can pull out a win.” I literally did a real spit take when he said that. I think I even rewound and played it again to make sure I heard it right. Hey Zack, have you not been watching this show for the past 3 seasons? When has Cathy ever pulled out a 1st place win?

We’re back in Pittsburg and they’re practicing the group dance, called “Black and Blue” when I notice that there’s no Leslie or Payton. Where’d they go? I feel like I got the appetizer when Kelly showed up at the competition and I got the main course when Kelly brought her kids back to the studio, but I didn’t get the desert, which is when Leslie gets kicked off the team and all of the moms wave her bye-bye.    

In the viewing room Melissa’s visit with Abby is brought up and she lies about Abby guaranteeing Maddie a solo. Instead, she says that Maddie will “probably have a solo”. All of the moms know she’s lying, partly because Melissa has no talent for it. I don’t blame Melissa for lying though. If Abby told me that I would’ve lied too, to prevent any jealous mothers from ripping out my hair.

Second quote of the day goes to Miss Kendall K for saying, “I’m just waiting for Abby to randomly walk in and start shouting ‘You’re doing that wrong’.” This is why I love her.

I give an honorable mention to Christie for, while they were discussing Abby’s disappearance, saying, “We could leave a trail of cheese burgers from her house to the studio.” It was just one of her terribly witty moments that are also borderline offensive that we all just love!

I would’ve made it a quote of the day but I thought three was my maximum and I couldn’t leave out Christie and Kelly’s conversation, where Christie said, “I’m gonna’ burn.” and Kelly replied, “I’m right there with you.” If that’s not friendship then I