Season 3 Episode 30 Recital Rebellion

Another action packed Tuesday! I didn't think I really needed to recap Abby recapping what's happened this season, so there is no episode 29 recap. But, let's focus on this Tuesday!

            Let’s start it all off with a drama filled pyramid! Paige was first on the bottom row because she messed up a part in the group dance. I thought Kelly was finally chilling out, but no! She decided to yell at Abby for putting her kid on the bottom of the pyramid. She then asks why Maddie’s not on the bottom for the “apron incident” the week before. First of all, how are a costume malfunction and a mistake in choreography the same? I love Paige, but I agree that she should’ve been on the bottom because of her mistake. Kendall was also on the bottom for her mistake in her set of turns. When you’re on the top it’s because you made no mistakes and you were amazing. The apron falling was out of Maddie’s control and therefore, a mistake in the dance trumps the costume malfunction. After last week’s episode I posted about how it wasn’t fair that Maddie wasn’t yelled at for her apron falling. I’d like to retract that statement. After looking at previous episodes of Dance Moms and comparing them to this week’s episode I noticed that both girls were punished equally. Maddie was second on the pyramid because of her second place win and because of her costume malfunction. Chloe was third on the pyramid, the week after her “headpiece incident”. However, that’s only because she was part of a first place trio and Paige and Maddie didn’t make that mistake. Chloe and Maddie were not screamed at directly, by Abby. Even though Christi and Abby did go at it, it was mostly because Abby was mad that Christi went to a bar instead of helping out in the Green Room and not because of Chloe’s headpiece. I think a lot of the times the producers edit events to make it look like there’s more favoritism then there actually is. I unfortunately fell for their façade, but more importantly I realized my error. I apologize to Abby for unfairly judging her. There was some controversy on whether Asia deserved to be in the middle row on the pyramid this week. I have to side with Jill and the rest of the moms on this one. Asia wasn’t there so Asia should be on the bottom of the pyramid. Asia might have still trained, but she wasn’t there with the rest of the girls competing. I thought it was incredibly wrong for Kristie to call out the moms for bringing their children to meet and greets when they’re traveling. It’s in the girls contract that they can’t train anywhere else, like Asia can, so what else are they going to do. I’m sorry, Kristie, if your jelous that the Dance Moms girls have such a large enough fan-base that they can do meet and greets, but there’s no need to take it out on their moms during pyramid. I predicted Chloe’s spot on the pyramid. She did the 3rd best out of the solos so she should be 3rd on the pyramid. However, I didn’t like Abby’s explanation. She told Chloe that she needed to “try harder” which I was completely shocked by. I talked about Chloe’s hip hop solo in the last recap in more detail so I’ll try to be brief, but Chloe had to work really hard last week to excel in a solo that wasn’t even close to her strongest dance genre and she placed 4th! She did try hard! If Abby had just said, “Chloe your third on the pyramid because you got 4th and Maddie and Mackenzie received higher scores then you.” that would’ve been fine, but because she didn’t it upset Chloe, Christi and me. (and maybe you guys to) Maddie was 2nd, no surprise, and Mackenzie was on the top! I missed seeing Mackenzie’s sassy face on the top of that pyramid! She deserved it and I’m proud of her, but then Kristie had to go and rain on my parade by saying, “Thanks for keeping Asia’s seat warm, but we’ll be taking it from here.” How obnoxious is that! I really hope Mackenzie kicks Asia’s butt next competition just to shut Kristie up. At least with the Maddie and Chloe rivalry both “sides” respect each other. It’s the annual ALDC showcase and I always look forward to this episode. It’s just something different then the usual competitions, not that I don’t love a good competition, but it’s nice to mix it up once an awhile. All of the girls are doing old solos, except Paige. Abby assigns her a new solo and whether she is willing to admit it or not I think it’s because of last year. During the last ALDC showcase Paige was out with a broken foot. Even though Abby tried to include her in the newest group dance she still didn’t get to preform with her friends. I saw Abby’s nice gesture, but apparently others didn’t… * cough cough * KELLY. Abby continues on her I-Love-The-Hylands trip by telling Brooke that she can preform her song during the Showcase. Can I just say that I really want to see Abby choreograph a dance to Brooke’s song and have them preform it? That would be awesome! Abby also assigns a group dance called “Sugar Babies” and all I can think of is “Sugar Daddy”, the group dance from the very first showcase. It’s also revealed later on that Jill’s preforming a tango duet with one of her friends. I think Abby let her because out of all the “original moms” she’s the only one who hasn’t preformed in the showcase. Cathy’s awful Moms Dance ringing any bells?