44

December 2032

"Why do you want me to go to college in California?" Alex asks and I just raise my eyebrows at him.

"Because I looked at your search history and saw you were looking into it. And I found a school I think you'll like." I say, and put our luggage on the scale to be weighed.

"You creep!"

"I did it when you were asleep too. How awful." I laugh.

"So creepy!"

We eventually board our plane, and I can't wait to get to the LA house. It's where we're going to be staying while Alex looks at a few schools around here. We will then be going to New York, and then Chicago.

"You've never even been in this house, kid." I say, as we pull up. "You're going to love it."

"Why don't we live here?!" He screams as we walk through the front doors.

This is my house. It's where I've been living on and off since the seventies. I haven't been here in years.

I love this house.

It's got high ceilings and it's a bit gothic, but that's just how I like it. The living rooms have emerald curtains and black leather couches and to be completely honest, once I found out what the Slytherin Common Room looked like, I redecorated because I loved it so much.

"This is the coolest fucking house."

"And if you go to school in the LA area you can live here." I shrug. "Can't trash it though. I would personally kill you. I put so much into this fucking house."

"What if you got me a shitty house near campus."

"I'll think about it." I shrug. "I'm going to shower before your first campus tour. University of Southern California!" I clap and walk out of the room.

"Kill me now." I hear him say before heading to the back and lighting a cigarette.

He loves USC. Heh didn't think he would, but oh boy, he loves USC. Sorority girls left and right, we got a cool guide, who told us that at parties, there was more alcohol than you could imagine, and there were already girls looking at him with the eyes, and we were just on campus.

"Are there any parties tonight?"

"There should be a tailgate for the football game." The kid, Robby, says, and I nod. "I can give you my number. You won't have to pay admission if I come get you at the gate."

"Sure." I nod. "Alex, get Robby's number. I'm going to go to the campus store and get a hat." I wink at the two boys and walk away.

"Dude, your mom is hot." I hear Robby say, and I smirk as I walk to the store.

"Shut up, bro! That's my mom!" I hear Alex say, as well as hitting him. "I'll see you later, man. Thanks for the tour."

"No prob, dude." I look back, and they're shaking hands.

"Hey." Some guy falls in step with me.

"Uh, hi."

"You a transfer? I would never forget a face like yours." He says, and then tries to tuck a piece of hair behind my ear as I stop walking to let a car go by.

"I'm actually here with my son. We're here for a tour, from New Orleans." I put on a Southern drawl and Alex catches up with me. "Right, baby. We're here for a tour."

"Yeah, mama." He says, also picking up on the accent. "Loving it so far."

"I'm glad. Have a good tour." The kid nods and walks away, typing on his phone.

"Were you uncomfortable?" Alex asks, looking at me as I shoot daggers at the boy.

"Incredibly." I smile and put my arm over his shoulders. "I can't wait for you to go here."

"How do you know I'm going to go here?"

"Because you're you, and you're going here. You'll have your decision by the end of the night, but I still want to go visit all the other schools, because I have friends all over this country, and you're meeting them."