37

July 2030

"Harold!" I shout, walking into the apartment, the kids following behind as Nik is stuck at the threshold. "Ooh new vampire thing!" I clap. "A vampire can't enter a home until invited in by someone with their name on the deed!" I smile.

"This is my apartment legally, so Niklaus Mikaelson, you may come in." Harry says, and Nik steps through an annoyed look in his eye.

"Uncle Harry!" River shouts before jumping into his arms.

"Hi, sweetpea." He smiles and kisses her forehead before setting her down and hugging the other kids. "Vi." He beams and hugs me.

"Haz." I smile and hug him.

"It's been a year, darling!" He shouts in a heavy cockney accent and I follow his lead.

"I can't even believe it's been so long. It's because you've got that new bird, haven't ya?"

"Oh that 'ol thing's gone now, isn't she?" He says, and I laugh.

"Poor thing, missing out on your beautiful face." I squish his cheeks together so his mouth is puckered. "It's alright though, because you're getting a book written about you while she isn't." I wink, dropping the accent.

"Hello, mate." Harry hugs Nik.

"I don't like this apartment." He says, looking around.

"It's been pretty untouched for the past ten years or so." He says, looking around. "Needs a spruce up. How long are you guys going to be here?"

"The summer." Alex says, looking over at Harry, who turns to me with his eyebrows raised. "Was I not supposed to say that or something?"

"No, we just didn't tell him how long we were going to be here." Nik says, and leads the kids out of the room. "We better get to the other apartment. Where me and the young ones will be sleeping." Nik says, and I blow him a kiss.

"Why aren't we all staying here?"

"Because mommy and Harry are going to be having some interesting conversations and I just don't think you'll be ready to hear about them." Nik says and sends me and Harry a wink.

"But we are?" Jax asks, pointing between him and Alex.

"Yeah." I nod. "It's nothing sexual or something. Just, adult."

"We're adults." Jackson hits Alex in the ribs.

"And there's only one extra room so you're sharing a bed." Harry pokes them both in the shoulder.

"How many are in the other apartment?"

"Everyone gets their own room." I answer. "But this is going to be the fun apartment." I wrap my arms around my eldest sons. "Because I'm here, and what am I?" I cheer as the rest of the family leaves.

"The fun parent." They deadpan and I smile and pick them up.

"That's right! First order of business! Harry!" I shout and run to his room, picking up the dead girl that's on his floor. "Who is this and why is she still here?!"

"Things got out of hand last night."

"Only drink enough to stay alive, huh?" Alex laughs.

"That's just your father and her." Harry says, defending himself and I laugh.

"You should see how much your Uncle Kol drinks." I cackle, dumping the girl in Harry's arms, and he sprints to the balcony and drops her. "It's despicable. But now that it's just us, and if you're comfortable with me doing it, I'll let loose." I smile.

"Let loose ma!" Alex laughs, clapping. "But you have to buy us beer."

"Deal." Harry shakes hands with Alex.