In Mourning.

I was looking at the screen in the cafeteria.
"Students, Tomika and Angela from Anderson high school, lived there final day yesterday due to gang violence" Students said as pictures of Tomika and Angela went across the screen.

Damn. That's fucked up man.
"Babe look at that." I point to the screen. "How does shit like that happen?"

"People die everyday."

"Yeah but no one should die like that."

"You didn't like them so."

"So I still wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. The way you acting right now really messing me up." I said honestly

"Fuck you mean? You think I had something to do with that huh? Yo you bugging the fuck out." I wasnt even thinking that but now that got me thinking. I shouldn't be having thoughts like this about him. "Yo you always judging me and mines. Fuck you then." I don't even know what just happened.

The bell rung. I over think things as I walk to class. I really like King. I really do but i gotta look at the bigger picture. Is this the life I would want for myself later on. Being a Trap queen? Hell no. This is putting my mom and I's life in danger. I love the sense of protection King gives us but would we really need extra protection if he didn't do the dumb shit he does?

At the end of the school day, I walk past King. He called after me. I just kept walking. I wasn't even blaming him for anything. I hear a car pull up next to me.
"Bae.." i ignore him. "Owen. " he keeps calling. Finally I get fed up.

"What you want nigga?"

"You to get your ass in this car."

"Fuck me?" I mumble. "Go fuck yourself."

"please." I get in the car and buckle up. We got home and we sat in silence.

"Okay look I don't like keeping things from you soo I did see everyone in that building die but took no part of it. I just watched. That was the orders."

"Well thank you for telling me the truth. Don't keep shit from me, cause it'll come back go bite you in the ass." I take my hand rub the side of his face. "But We gotta talk."

I heard him gulp.
"I don't like living like this. Worried about my mom leaving the house. Worried bout you."

"I understand baby. That's why I decided tonight I'm talking to my dad and I'm quitting." My eyes pop out of my head .

"You know leaving a gang isn't that easy."

"I know but You and Ms. Walker are worth it." He takes my hand and kisses it.

I look at him in awwe. He's so perfect.