Week 5 - Short Story

Welcome to Week 5! This week we'll be doing a short story! In this short story you will have a list of genres that have an attached prompt to pick from. I'm only allowing up to four people per genre!

It's required that your short story must be up to 1,000 words. You may go past that if you need to. I want this to be a fun writing experience for everyone!

You will have 1 week to complete this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You must send me each one individually! I will be reading them and will pick a top 3. Whoever is in the top 3 will have their short story posted so the others can see if they'd like to read them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October 17th-October 23rd

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Genres:

Horror

You're trapped in an abandoned house, deep in the woods. You've been here for days on end, trying to find a way out but it seems as if nothing's working. The person who took you only comes back to the house at night, leaving you the day to think. What do you do when you're at your wits end? Explain in your version of how this situation would play out.

AnimoScripto
DemonKingKarnage
BriannaBreathless

Mystery/Thriller

You've grown up having a pretty 'normal' life, your parents are part of a top secret agency, you have a loving boyfriend of 3 years and you're about to graduate high school. At 18 years old you'd say that you have almost everything figured out, that is until your parents are murdered and you're flung into a world full of lies and mysteries. Can you figure out what really happened to them? Is this all part of some huge cover up or is there more to it? Can you really trust the people left in your life? Explain in your version of how this situation would play out.

CocoJoelle

Spiritual

The wind blows your hair back as you stand staring in the mirror. But how could there be wind inside the cabin? You hear footsteps walking towards the bathroom door, but you live alone. Who could it be? You open the door and everything stops. The lights flicker and now you're left alone with terrifying thoughts. That is until you feel someone grab your shoulder. Who is it? Are they even real? Maybe it's just all in your head. Explain in your version of how this situation would play out.

_PanicAtThePityParty

Werewolf

It's 1864, everything seems right with the world, that is until you meet a boy ( or girl depending on who picks this ). There's something different about him/her and you're determined to figure out what it is. You start to neglect your family duties to spend more time with this person and it's not long before your father finds out and when he sees who you're spending all your time with he forbids you from seeing each other. There's something he isn't telling you about your new found friend and their family. You begin to uncover their darkest secrets and something you'd never expect. They're a family of werewolves, they're not supposed to exist anymore but they do. Explain in your version of how this situation would play out.

Vampire

It's 2098, the world has become a system of lies and lockdown drills. Nobody is permitted to leave the safety of their homes until notified. What happens when you decide to break that rule. What if you meet a girl/a guy, who seems completely average, but always ignores you. One day you follow them as they're running and run straight into a hide out yard... full of vampires. Will you make it out alive? Or will he/she and the others kill you before you make it to safety? Explain in your version of how this situation would play out.

JoJoBrostar
CloudyB ( Me )
pinkinaB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please comment below which genre you'll be doing so I can add your names under it! Remember you have one week to complete this! I'm posting this a day early since I got it all done today.

I look forward to seeing all of your works!

Much love xx
- B