Sirius…was that how he felt growing up in a Pureblood house where he was despised? Is that how he turned out so well—because he knew his heart was always his own.

                Not letting go of Remus, I opened up one of my arms to him. He came up and pulled me into half a hug.

                I’d never had an adult show their pride in me before. It comforted me more than any other words could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                Everyone was buzzing at breakfast the next morning. My little chat with the Ministry had made the front page of the Prophet. Kids I’d never spoken to before were coming up to me and wishing me good luck on my concert (and if I could get them in for free). The twins kindly offered to do a firework-light show for my performance, but I politely declined. This whole thing was about (not to sound egotistical) proving how awesome I was; I didn’t need a fancy light show when I had my voice.

                Kayla was already talking choreography. I was under strict orders to give her a demo of the music I was playing asap so she could work out some good moves for me.

                “Are you singing more of that ‘devil music?’” Ginny asked, quoting the news reports description of me singing Katy Perry.

                I snorted. “Please. Hot and Cold is hardly devil music. Really, it’s probably one of the tamest songs she’s written.”

                “You also sang ‘I kissed a girl.’” Ginny pointed out.

                “But that song’s just funny!”

                Hermione gave me a weird look. “You think a song about a person experimenting with their sexuality is funny?”

                “Well when you say it like that, no…But no, I won’t be singing more devil music. If this is my last time to sing, it’s going to be all original. That reminds me…Hermione? Can I borrow some parchment and a quill?”

                She handed them over, and I wrote a quick note saying ‘meet me in the Room of Requirement. Same room as last time.’ “Hey Mr. Owl?” I asked to the one that had delivered the paper. “Can you give this to Aubrey over there?”

                The owl’s gaze followed my finger, and if huffed indignantly, giving me a ‘seriously kid?’ type look. “Pleeeaaaassseee???” I begged, dangling a sausage link bribe in front of it.

                Huffing, it snagged the sausage from my fingers—giving me a nasty peck in the process—and took off to the Slytherin table, delivering my note. Aubrey met my eyes across the room and nodded, feeding the pissy owl more sausages. Because obviously a flight across the room was suuuuch an inconvenience for a creature that was born and bred for the sole purpose of delivering messages. The owl looked up and ruffled its feathers, sharply turning its head away from me with another huff. Bloody drama queen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                Aubrey sat down in one of the bean-bag chairs the Room of Requirement had so generously provided us. “So, what do you need?”

                I opened my laptop. “First I have to show you quite possibly the most epic program wizards decided to magic into computers.”