021

"one last breath till the tears start to wither."

Journal Entry #539

I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and it only takes suspicion, not proof, to destroy it. 

→←

"Hey, Dakota, I have to tell you something." Soda's face looked as if it was stone, but his eyes told me something different. He looked extremely upset.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What's up?"

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, as if he were preparing himself for a huge football game. "I..... can't go out with you."

I felt my stomach drop and I frowned. "Why not?"

He bit his lip as tears stung his baby blue eyes. "I'm back with Sandy. I'm sorry, Dakota."

It took me awhile to process the words that slipped out of his pink lips and those words were bullets, me the target.

I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from crying. I am not going to let him see me cry. "You're such an ass, Sodapop Curtis!" I snapped, pushing him out of the way as I ran towards Andrew's house.

He may be angry at me, but I need him.

I entered the house and slammed the door as tears fell continuously down my face. Andrew ran into the living room, an upset look on his face. "Dakota, what happened?"

"Soda, h-he's back with Sandy! After he told me he loved me!" I sobbed into his chest as he caressed the back of my hair trying to get me to calm down.

He released me and as soon as I glanced up to look at him, he quickly turned away. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused, but shook it off. I wiped my tears off and collapsed on the sofa, wanting to curl up in a ball.

Andrew frowned. "I'm sorry, Dakota."

I shook my head. "I should be the one saying sorry. I wasn't a good friend, but I promise that's going to change."

Andrew sighed. "You're a better friend than you think." He walked away, leaving me in the living room.

What the hell is up with him?

→←

Sodapop