Explanation

Layla's POV:

I'm currently laying in Reths bed starring at the ceiling, the pain hit me harder his time and my breathing was uneven, Reth went to get me medicine from the pack doctor leaving me in my thoughts. Reth explained it to me, he said that when he was younger he was offered the alpha title instead of his brother the first born. Because every century there is born a wolf like Reth and the elders favored him along with his parents, but Damien was always bitter towards him.

I guess when Damien found out that he declined the title he was set with the idea that Reth was mocking him and he tried to hurt something dear to Reth, me. Since I am human I have one mate, Reth. Damien has one as well. He placed his mark on me but he is not my mate, my bond with Reth is confused and is switching from Damien and Reth causing a painful feeling. And the worst part is the only way to stop it is to have Damien by my side as well as Reth or I might die, but we can't find Damien.

The pain grew stronger and I groan tightening my hold on the sheets wishing Reth was here, he's the only person I want to subdue the pain. As if my prayers were answered he walks through the door followed by a girl doctor. Like every other girl in this place she glares at me before holding out a needle.

"No, sorry no needles." I sate holding up my hand.

She gets a sly smile before pushing it into my hand letting the dark liquid that was once in the clear tube inject into my tender flesh. It hurt like a bitch. Reth glares at her as I rub my hand my body slowly going numb. She bows smiling before waking out, Reth moves a stray strand of hair from my eyes before laying back with me.

"Is there a way to remove it, the mark I mean." I mumble trying to keep my words form slurring.

"2 ways actually, but I doubt one will work. We can ask the elders but I'm not sure since your human," he mumbled the last part, "or pray to the moon goddess by since your human I'm not sure."

Why was I born human?! "Moon Goddess?"

"She's like our mother, she created us and our mates linking us for perfect happiness." He sighs intertwining our fingers.

"To the elders it is." I mumble before closing my eyes.

Sorry for the long wait but here, I'll update again so wait for me! As much as I hate Damien, don't you feel kinda bad always out behind his brother. I feel bad for Damien's mate when she finds out he marked another in jealousy!