Won't You Eat Me Up

Layla's POV:

I was warm again, but it was different this time. I was cold inside, did he mean that? My father I mean. I know that he didn't favor me, but to hate me. I might be over rethinking this a little, but if your dad says you're a mistake and ruined your parents lives, how would you feel? I felt cold and sad, but I opened my eyes anyway. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes finally taking in my surroundings, I'm in a room. It's a big room with grey colored walls and black carpeting that looks so soft making me want to touch it.

There's a balcony, a huge bathroom and other extra things like a tv and dressers. I look down to see I'm in a purple colored bed and a long arm is draped over my stomach. Before I can freak out and karate chop my kidnaper I see Reth, sleeping right next to me. But he looks way more tired than I feel, I glance at my bruise wishing I didn't because now I felt sad again to see that constant reminder that I'm a mistake.

I shuffle trying to cover up my lifted shirt but since Reths on me and his arm is sooooo heavy I can't, I felt so frustrated as I pulled at my shirt that I hadn't realized I was crying.

"Layla, what's wrong?!" great now I woke him up when he obviously needed sleep.

"I.can't.get.to.my.shirt!" whats wrong with me why am I being a spaz.

He moves his arm and I cover the nasty bruise, I stop my struggling but my teary eyes remain. Reth grabs my waist pulling me into his lap my face softly pressed into his chest. He didn't say anything, he doesn't need to. This jester alone makes me feel better. I softly cry into his shoulder, and he just holds me.

"I'm sorry." I say after awhile pulling back to look at his now tear streaked shirt.

"Why are you apologizing?!" he grabs my wrists and for the first time I meet his eyes.

They look strained and tired, was he worried about me? Next thing I know he's kissing me, but with a different emotion. It was a mix between pain and passion. I smile against him slipping my arms around his neck, I don't care about my father nor mother anymore, as long as I'm in his arms.