Chapter 7 (unedited)

A/N I'm not sick anymore. Sorry it toke so long to update. I had to catch up on homework. 100 views. That's amazing! THANKS FOR READING!

TRAVIS'S POV

"Go to the fields"

As we turned towards the fields, I noticed my eyes wandered to Katie. How her hips shake whenever she walks, how every third step she skips. I'm not a stalker, just after six years of knowing a person you pick up a few things.

I felt myself run into something hard, or should I say someone. I ran right into Katie, knocking her to the ground.

"Travis!" She gave me her best death glare. I hid my embarrassment with a playful smirk. Katie's glare got deadly. If looks could kill, I would be six feet under.

"I'm sorry Katie-Kat I didn't see you stop." I continued to smirk, but I really was sorry.

"Fine, I'll let it go, but we better make this quick. Your started it annoy me."

"I'm not that annoying!" I gasped, putting a hand over my heart. Katie kept up with a blank expression. "You hurt me Katie-Kat."

She turned, mumbling about some incoherent jerk. I wonder who that could be?

We found the letters at the far corner of the field. Just like before one letter said Travis and the other said Katie. I reached for mine, taking a deep breath before ripping the envelope open. Katie was already reading hers.
This letter had step by step instructions along with a note.

This is like Truth or Dare, but you don't get a choice. We choose the dare.

Follow the directions.

1. Do your dare before Katie.

2. We will give you one dare and one truth to chose from
a. You have to kiss Katie
b. Tell Katie your worst fear

3. If you refuse to complete one if the two given, a punishment will be given.

What did it mean by a punishment will be given. That sounds freaky. I'm freaking out, I can barely hide it from Katie. Who's looked at me trying to find out what I need to do. If I go with dare I might give away that I have the smallest crush on Katie. Who am I kidding I've liked Katie every since I saw her. I couldn't kiss her.

What if she rejected me? What if she kissed back? What would happen? Would we become more then somewhat friends? What if she kissed back, but didn't want more?

Calm down Travis! What if we did the truth instead. Maybe, but i have never told anyone my fear. Not even Conner. Maybe I'll take the punishment.

I looked up at Katie to see if she is freaking out too. Her round mouth looked to be in a permanent scowl. Her eyes glowed with uncertainty. I probably looked the same way. She looked up, I instantly blushed. I was staring at her lips. She turned her head, trying to hide her pink cheeks .

"Katie, should we start?"

"Might as well." She looked at the letter on the ground to her right. What was in the letter?

"Let's go to the middle of the fields."

"Ok." She didn't even look at me. We walked in an awkward silence. When reach the circle in the middle of the field Katie sat down. She started twirling strands of grass between her fingers, plucking them out.

I sat down across from her far enough away, to be comfortable. But close enough so our knees were touching. I cleared my throat trying to break the silence.

"My letter told me to go before you." She glanced up, she was almost shaking with nervousness. "My was supposed to pick between a truth or a dare. I chose to do the truth." Katie perked up clearly interested.

I was so close to shaking just thinking of my fear. I can't do this! My throat constructed, suddenly dry. I filled, trying to calm my nerves. My eyes flicked up to Katie's. She seemed sympathetic, maybe she has to do the same thing. Maybe hers is worse, why should I be worried if hers is worse. I keep telling myself that over and over again, trying to calm my nerves. Now or never.

"I have to tell you my worst fear. I have never told anyone this, so please don't laugh." She stared started to get uneasy. Just rip the band- aid off.

"I'm scared of going underground." Her eyes widened, but she didn't say anything, so I continued. "It all started when I was little, before I came to Camp Half-Blood. I was walking through the woods by our house. I was maybe 5 or 6. I got lost, like really lost. I decided to turn around and try to go the way I came. Instead of going home, I slipped and fell into this little hole in the ground. When I landed at the bottom, I noticed a cave. Being the 5 year old I was, I went exploring. When I walked in a ripped a root out. All the dirt above the root caved in, sealing the entrance. I cried for my mom for hours. Eventually I decided to try to move the dirt, but everytime I moved any more would take its place. I couldn't breath. I felt so helpless, I will always remember that feeling." Katie's eye were huge, she looked so sad, I wasn't sure if it was because if the story, or because of her going soon.

"How did you get out?" She asked timidly, hoping to not upset me.

"I remember praying to my mom. I didn't believe in anything, but I believed in her. I cried and cried and cried. My dad ending up saving me, he brought me back to my mom. After that I had to leave for camp." Katie looked dumbstruck, as if she wanted to say something, but no words could describe what she was trying to express. Instead of continuing to try she put a comforting hand on my knee. Her touch sent electricity through my leg.

"Katie, could you please keep this between you and me. I don't want anyone else to know." She put on a kind smile and gently nodded her head. A piece of hair fell into her face. I brushed the strand behind her ear. She looked up and grinned. I scooted closer, wanting to out as little distance between us as possible. She toke a shaky feel breath, and gave a long calming exhale. I touched her shoulder, feeling a shiver go down her spine.

"I was also told to pick between a truth or a dare. I was going to do the dare, but know I think truth is the better option." I nodded my head waiting for her to start.

A/N The next chapter will be in Katie's POV. This chapter is over 1000 words. I hope you enjoyed. Thanks!