My Mom's Boyfriend (Part 1) (R)

Mahogany's POV:

Mahogany's POV:

"Mama, please! I swear I won't do it again! Please." I plead and curl up into a fetal position as my mother releases her anger all over my body.

"So, you think that you are grown, bitch? What did I tell you about touching my shit? Huh!" She screams, kicking and punching so forcefully against my small, frail frame, with all of her strength.

My nails dug into the filthy gray carpet, I attempted to drag myself away from her, but the alcohol in her system made her ten times stronger.

I thought I was helping her, I thought that by hiding all of the alcohol, I was doing her a favor.

It has taken over her life, the once vibrant and loving woman who birthed me, and raised me, is now just an alcohol-addicted, cold-hearted, addict, with no sense of self-control.

When my dad died of pancreatic cancer, my mother just changed. She no longer cared about her own life or mine.

I sat back and watched man after man enter into her life and leave it over the years. They all left her when they could no longer handle her horrid addiction and the abuse that came with it.

I was the only person who stood by her side through it all, but for some reason she despised me.

I am a straight-A student with a full ride to Harvard in the fall, I work part-time and I do everything that she asks of me, but she still hates me.

Maybe, it is because I look like my father, my biracial features are the spitting image of his and I guess that when she glances at me, I remind her of the true love that she had and lost.

I've endured this constant verbal and physical abuse every day for the past four years.

The only relief that I have is when I am at school or work, or when my mom's boyfriend Peter is in town.

When Peter is around, my mother is nice to me, she acts like I'm her pride and joy and puts up this front like she adores me, but as soon as he leaves to travel the world to do his music, she is back to her abusive self.

Peter is my saving grace, the most amazing man that I have ever met in my life. He is the only person who can handle my mother and her antics, he hasn't seen her at her worst though.

I brought you into the world and I will take you out!! I hate you!" She spits, reaching down to punch me in the face.

I can feel my nose gushing blood, my mouth is filling with it too.