By the time the class is finished, we covered three body systems and I feel like my frontal lobe is about to explode.

Oh look, you retained something....

Feeling defeated, I gather my things into my bag. Everyone else filters through the door before I bother even getting up.

I grab my bag and make my way to the front. Grasping the handle, I stop when a paper taped above the light switch catches my attention.

NEED A TUTOR??

AP tutors available on request.
Flexible schedule and able to meet wherever works.

Inquire with Mrs. Walkins

Well, I guess it can't hurt to get extra help. With how fast this class moves, its best I start now instead of waiting.
I turn around and walk back into the classroom and up to the instructor.

"Mrs. Walkins?" I say getting her attention.

"Ahhh Ms. Anderson," she says looking up from her paper and removing her glasses. "Didn't anyone tell you never to make a bad impression on the first day? You are probably the only name I remember," she chuckles.

Great.

"Sorry about that. It won't happen again," I say sincerely.

"What can I help you with?"

"I saw the paper about the tutor. It says to ask you about it?"

"You feel the need to ask for extra help already?" She looks concerned

"I just feel this subject may get a little overwhelming for me and I would rather get ahead while I can"

"Of course, that makes sense," she agrees while shuffling through her papers. "Let's see, it looks like we have one person available and they're awesome so you should feel confident in no time. Just meet in here after your classes are over today and I'll let them know," she smiles.

I don't care if she's Florence Nightingale herself, as long as she can get me an A...

"Thank you so much," I smile and make my way out.

I head off to the rest of my classes feeling better about the AP situation.

With a little extra help, I'll be fine.

***

Thankfully, all my other subjects seem easier and the rest of the day goes smoothly.

I make my way back to room 204 to meet with my tutor. I can't believe I had to ask for help the first day. My pride stings a little but I push it aside.

Full scholarship, Allie.

The room is empty so I throw my bag on a desk and pace around the room looking at all the posters of human bodies.