Chapter 5

After Em left the demons couldn't stop talking, they kept telling me stuff I already knew.

I went to the kitchen to see if there was any food in the fridge, 'I guess there isn't food,' I called Pizza Hut and I ordered two large pizza's with a can of diet coke. They said the food will be here in 20 minutes.

20 minutes later

There is a knock at the door, I go and answer it. "Hello, I have your large pepperoni with extra cheese and a large chicken and mushroom pizza with extra cheese and a diet coke. That will be $20," the delivery guy says. "Ok," I say. He gives me the pizza's and the diet coke and I hand him the $20. "Bye and enjoy your pizza," says the delivery guy blushing. "Thanks," I say.
I went to sit down and dig into my pizza. It was delicious, the demons kept telling me I'll get fat and what not but i didn't care.

Ring ring
Ring ring
Ring ring

"Hello," I say
"Rachel?"
"Yes Em,"
" I need to talk to you."
"What's wrong?"
"Can I come over please?" says Emily crying
"Yes of course," I say worried.

Emily then drops the phone.

Me: what could be wrong?
D1: maybe she doesn't want to be your friend?
Me: shut up

Emily comes over and she has been crying. "Em what's wrong?" I say worried. Emily then hugs me tightly and that's when I knew what had happened, I should've expected it because well last week I saw Em's dad at dinner with a beautiful young lady but i thought she was a colleuge and the next day I say Em's mom with a man and they were flirting but i didn't think much of it. Emily was crying so much I honestly felt bad for not telling her, well if I did she would've have told me what I thought; they were just friends.
Emily wouldn't stop crying. After some time she settled down and we went over to sit on my couch.
"I can't believe they're doing this to me, how do you unlove someone who you had kids with and married and woke up next to each other everyday?" Emily says as she puts her head on my lap.
"Sweetie life is strange and their love for each other has faded,we have to understand it and you'll have to take time to understand it," I say as I stroke Em's hair. She silently cries and I continue to stroke her hair. Emily gets up from my lap and then she stroked my thigh, she then looks at me and I look at her.

I heard keys jingle in the door,we continue to eat the pizza's and talk as if we have been talking for ages and not make it seem as if Em was crying. My dad walks in and says hi. Em and I both say hi, my dad then goes to the kitchen grabs a plate and takes 2 slices of pizza and goes to his room which is upstairs down the hall. Em and I talk about nonsense. Em calls her mom to ask her if she can stay over and her mom says yes. I didn't have to ask my dad. Emily and I take the pizza to my room and we say goodnight to my dad. After some time my dad fell asleep.
Em and I talked for hours and hours and hours, we hardly got any sleep that night.

Knock knock
Knock knock

"Are you guys ok?"
"Yea dad," I say panting
Emily gets off me and covers us.
"I'm going out to buy food, what do you guys want?"
"I dont know dad, you choose."
"Ok sweetie, bye."
"Bye dad."

Em and I sit in bed looking at the ceiling.
"Rachel?"
"Yea?"
"I have something to tell you."
"What is it?"
"I have a-"
"You have a what?" I say sitting up
"I have a boyfriend," Emily says blushing
"We have been dating since last month, It was long distance and he said I could have fun and do whatever I want," Em says.
"Whats his name?"
"His name is Richy, it's short for Richard."

I only know one Richard

"Whats his last name Em?" I say
"Lowner."
I couldn't believe that Em was dating my old friend. I haven't talked to him since I moved. Wow I can't believe it.
"So you're dating my old friend, that's awesome."
"You know him?"
"Know him, he's like my brother."