To Want Something Better Is No Disgrace {20}

Start from the beginning

    I looked over at Derek and then back at Kerri, "Um..."

    I trailed off when Derek moved over to where I was sitting and put his arm around my shoulder.

    "Better?" he asked her.

    Kerri smiled, "That's so cute."

    I couldn't help but to blush as Derek focused on the TV screen. The movie starts and Kerri snuggles with Carter. They act like they're already a couple.

    Oh and what happened to Kerri's boyfriend, Jesse?

    Let's just say that Kerri decided to break up with him and move on with my own brother.

    Kerri admitted to herself that she was a whore the day she broke up with him but got over it quickly when we planned the double date with Carter and Derek.

    After an hour into the movie, Carter was fast asleep as Kerri rested her head on his chest.

    I glanced at Derek, "Are you tired?"

    Derek smiled, "Nah, I'm good."

    "I'll understand if you don't like romance movies that much. We can hang out somewhere else if you like."

    "Thanks, Ari."

    We both got up and headed into the kitchen.

    "It's typical of Carter to fall asleep during a romance movie." I said, giggling.

    "I don't blame him. Some movies are pretty boring." Derek said.

    "Do you like Dear John?" I asked.

    "I don't really hate it but I don't love it either. It's okay."

    I smiled and sat at the table as Derek took a seat also, across from me.

    We started to eat the left over pizza that we ordered.

    "Hey, Ari. Can I ask you something?"

    I smiled, "Yeah?"

    "Be honest and can you tell me what you don't like about me?"

    I looked at Derek, suspiciously, "Um, okay...but I like everything about you."

    "That's definitely a lie, Ariana. We had a fought a couple days ago. You gotta have at least something you hate about me."

    "Honestly, right?"

    He nodded.

    "Um...I don't like it when you say that you like hot cheerleaders when we're alone like that time when we were at the diner."

    "Oh, okay. Sorry about that."

    "I also don't like when you lose your temper easily. Like those two fights we had."

    "I'm really sorry about that too."

    I just nodded, "I'm making this conversation awkward, am I?"

    He chuckles, "Nah, I was just curious, that's all. I guess I have to fix some things about me."

    "But over all, I think you're really sweet and funny. I'm not surprised that my parents picked you to marry me."

    "Thanks. I think you're pretty cool and great too. You're very beautiful."

    At his words, I blushed, "Oh, thank you..."

    "I bet your boyfriend doesn't tell you that often."

    I shook my head, "He does but...not a lot."

    "Cam's a pretty nice guy. Kinda over protective when I see him with you."

    "But I love him. He can be violent but he's really sweet and caring once you get to know him. I'm sure you two can become good friends."

    Derek just nodded, "Yeah, friends..."

    "Can I ask you the same question too?"

    He looks at me and nodds, "Yeah, sure."

    "What do you don't like about me?" I asked him.

    He rubs the back of his neck with his hand for a second, thinking, "I guess I don't really like it when you talk all smarty. Well, I don't mind but I just don't like it when it becomes where I don't understand the words you're saying."

    I giggled, "I do get that alot. I'm sorry."

    "And this isn't what I don't like about you but it bothers me. You don't have to be nice to everyone. Don't be afraid to yell at people. You seem too much of a goody two shoes."

    I looked at him, "A goody two shoes?"

    "Yeah...sorry."

    I shook my head, "No, no it's fine."

    Derek smiles and leans back in the chair.

    "This is a great conversation. I like that we're honest to eachother now." I said.

    "Same here, Ariana. Same here."

----------------------------

I forced myself to write a new chapter.

And it didn't feel that great since I had to force myself to get out of writers' block. -__-

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. It's more of a filler instead of a real chapter.

Remember to vomment! (even though this chapter was pretty crappy)