To Want Something Better Is No Disgrace {7}

"Locked up tight,
Like I would never feel again.
Stuck in some kind of love prison.
And threw away the key, oh, oh.
Terrified until I stared into your eyes,
Made me stop to realise,
The possibilities."
- "Unbroken" by Demi Lovato

-----------------------------------------------

    On Sunday, Cameron invited me go see a movie together.
    I agreed to come but an unexpected person was there at the movie theatre.
    It happened when I was walking towards the bathroom during the movie.
    As I made my way to the bathroom, I crashed into someone.
    "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" I apologised without making eye contact to the person I crashed into.
    "It's cool...wait, Ariana?"
    I looked up and faced Derek. I froze as he stared at me in surprise.
    "Um...hi." I said.
    "Hey, are you here for a movie?" he asked me.
    "Yeah. I'm here with Cameron." I replied.
    "Oh, cool...bathroom break right now, let me guess?" he said.
    I nodded, "Yeah."
    "So, liking your movie?" he asked.
    "When I saw the trailer, I thought it would be romantic and cute to watch with Cameron but it turns out to be a bad movie so far." I said.
    He chuckled, "Same here. The movie I'm seeing right now is supposed to be scary but it's actually funny to watch. I keep on laughing at the parts where it's supposed to be scary. It's really amusing."
    I giggled as he smiled at me.
    "Ari? Why are you talking to the new dude?"
    I turned around and saw Cameron walking up to us.
    "Um, Derek and I just ran into eachother. That's all." I said.
    Cameron wraps his arm around my waist and eyes Derek, suspiciously.
    "I didn't do anything to your girlfriend. I swear." Derek said, calmly.
    I looked up at Cameron and smiled, "Cam, he's telling the truth."
    "Whatever." Cameron said, "C'mon, let's go back."
    "I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked Derek.
    Derek smiles, "Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow."
    I smiled back and walked back to the movie theater with Cameron.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Monday came and I was thinking of what happened last night at the movies while I sat in the bus next to Carter.
    As usual, Drake was flirting with me but Carter told him to lay off which I was relieved of.
    When I got to the school, as always, I met up with Cameron outside at the main entrance.
    "Hey babe, I had fun last night." he said, giving me a hug.
    "I did too, Cam." I said, hugging him back.
    "Guys! Guys! Oh my god, guys!" I heard Kerri shout frantically towards us.
    "Yes, Kerri?" I said.
    "Guess who asked me out?" she asked me.
    "Who?" I asked.
    "Jesse Thorne." she said, happily.
    Jesse Thorne...Jesse Thorne...
    "Who's he again?" I asked.
    "Are you serious, Ariana? He's that hot guy in our bio class." she said.
    I stood there, trying to remember who Jesse Thorne was.
    "Nevermind. I'll show you him 1st period." she said, "So, I heard you guys bumped into Derek last night."
    "Yeah we did. Did he tell you?" Cameron asked her.
    Kerri nodded, "Yup. So, did you guys fight or something?"
    "Kerri!" I said.
    "What? I would expect a fight between boyfriend and new guy who looks like he's interested in the girlfriend." she said.
    "Kerri, I already told you that Derek and I are just friends. And I won't leave Cam." I said.
    "Whatever you say, Ari." she said.

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    When art class came, Kerri had to go home because she wasn't feeling well so it was just me and Derek at our table.
    "So, I heard it's french toast today for lunch." Derek said after a couple moments of awkward silence between us.
    "I love frenchtoast." I said, giving him a small smile.
    "Is the frenchtoast here good?" he asks.
    "They're pretty good." I replied.
    "That's good to know." he said.
    There was that awkward silence again.
    After a couple days of art class, we ran out of things to talk about. That was the reason why we're so quiet.
    "So, did you tell him about me yet?" he asked me, breaking the silence.
    "About the...you-know-what?" I asked.
    He nodded.
    "Not yet. I mean, I did tell him but not the part where I'm suppose to marry you." I said, quietly.
    "It's probably tough, trying to tell him about it." he said.
    "I'm trying to figure out how to tell him but I'm so scared." I said.
    With that, class ended.
    While I was walking out of the classroom with Derek, someone grabs my arm and pulls me into a kiss.
    Seconds later, I pulled back and faced Cameron.
    "Hey, that was...surprising." I said, out of breath from the kiss.
    "Sorry. I just missed you." he said.
    I smiled, "Me too."
    Cameron glances at Derek and then looks back at me.
    I turned around where Derek was pretending that he didn't see anything.
    "I better head to History." Derek said to me, "See ya, Ari."
    "See ya, Derek." I said as I watched him walk off to his next class.
    "So, shall we go to period 2?" Cameron said with a smile.
    I smiled and nodded and we headed to our 2nd period class.

    ----------------------------------

    Author's Note:

    Because of Hurricane Irene, my first day of school got moved on Tuesday this week, not last Tuesday.
    And do you know what that means?
    First day of school means, lots of work.
    I'm currently a sophomore in high school now and people are telling me (teachers) that sophomore year is intense. Even my friends who are Juniors say the same thing.
    Since sophomore year's going to be busy, my uploading with be slower. I will change uploading every other day to every three days. Even though it's only the first week, I feel like my teachers are going to throw work at me as soon as the second week starts.
    Also, I have marching band going on right now so that just adds up the slow uploading thing too.
    Thank you guys for taking your time, reading this. Whenever I don't upload on the promised date, please don't get mad at me.