To Want Something Better Is No Disgrace {19}

"Do you remember the nights

We made our way dreaming

Hoping of being

Someone big.

We were so young then,

We were too crazy

In love."

- "We'll Be A Dream" by We The Kings ft. Demi Lovato

--------------------------------------------------------------------

    "So, how's Mr. Pissy-pants?" Kerri asks me as I scarfed down my lunch.

    I shook my head, not wanting to talk about Derek.

    "Aww, what happened? Did you guys get in another fight again?"

    I sadly nodded.

    Kerri sighs, "Oh Ari..."

    "I can't believe I always thought Derek was nice and sweet. I was so wrong. He turned out to be mean, arrogant and just...stupid!" I complained.

    "He have changed a bit since the day he transferred here." she said, "He's more...I don't know. Stern?"

    I nodded and looked down at my food.

    "Hey, babe. What's up?" Cameron takes a seat next to me and kisses me on my cheek.    I smiled, "Hey, Cam."

    "I guess you win this battle, Cameron." Kerri said with a content sigh.

    Cameron and I looked at her in confusion.

    "What do you mean?" he asked her.

    Kerri just smiles, "You win Ariana."

    Cameron eyes her suspiciously, "Ari's already my girlfriend..."

    "Ugh, boys are so stupid. They don't even know what's going on around them." Kerri said, disappointed.

    "What?" Cam asks.

    "Nevermind. You'll figure it out."

    I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder.

    As Cameron wrapped his arm around my waist, I caught a glimpse at Derek over Kerri's shoulder.

    He was talking to Fiona at her table, flirting back and forth. He catches me looking and I just looked away, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

    "Ugh, this pasta's disgusting. School food never tastes good." Kerri says, looking down at her pasta with meat sauce with a disgusted face.

    "Then why did you get it?" Cam asked her.

    Kerri shrugged, "I have no idea."

    Cam turns to me as I lifted my head back up, "You okay, Ariana?"

    I looked him and gave him a small smile, "Yeah."

    "Thinking about Derek?" Kerri asks me with a smirk.

    "Hey, never mention his name around me, Kerri." Cam snapped.

    "Calm the fuck down, Cameron. I was just kidding."

    "I'm going to the bathroom." I told them and got up from my seat.

    As I made my way towards the girls' bathroom, I ran into Derek.

    He looks at me, "Um...hey, Ari."

    I just nodded and continued to make my way to the bathroom.

    Derek grabs me by my wrist, stopping me, "Wait, I need to say something."

    I slapped his hand away and looked at him, "What?"

    "About yesterday. I didn't mean to call you annoying and how I told you that you piss me off like my mom does." he said, "I apologise for that. I feel really guilty when you left."

    I just stood there and looked down at my hands. I then looked up and saw his eyes, staring right back at me. His eyes were apologetic and I couldn't help but to give in.

    "Alright...I forgive you, Derek." I finally said to him.

    His face lit up, smiling, "Really?"

    I nodded, "I'm sorry I yelled at you too. And talked all...smartass."

    "Sorry, I didn't mean to say that either."

    I shook my head and smiled, "No, it's fine. Thank you for apologising to me. And letting me apologise to you too. I feel much better now. Better than yesterday, of course."

    "Same here." he said.

    He leans in and gives me swift kiss on my cheek. He smiles and I smiled back.

    "So, you guys made up?" Kerri asks, breaking the moment.

    "You could say that." I told her.

    She grinned, "Oh my god, yes!"

    "What's going on?" Cam said.

    I stepped away from Derek and took Cam's hand, "Derek and I made up. We're friends now."

    Cam's eyes shoot daggers at Derek and holds me close.

    "I'm going to class." Cam said.

    "But lunch isn't even over yet." Kerri told him.

    "I'm going to class early." he deadpanned and lead me out of the hallway, making our way to his 7th period class.

--------------------------------------------------------

    Here's chapter 19! I really hope you liked it! I know it's short but I had to make it like that because I'm currently in writer's block.

    It really sucks.

    But I know I will make it up to you after midterms or even during midterms (since the school day cuts short because of the testing. Going home early is the best feeling ever.)

    Oh and make sure you check out my story "Tender Essence"! It's not an arranged marriage story but I worked hard on it.

    Also, for those who haven't read my recent status, I won't be on Wattpad for a while because I have midterms coming up and I really need to study and get a good grade on the tests.

    Thanks so much for reading and remember to vomment!