Chapter Eight - Nightmares and a midnight heart to heart

Legolas's P.O.V

I was awoken by somebody muttering, it wasn't loud and the others were still asleep, but I guess their hearing wasn't as acute as mine.

"No, no, please" I looked up to see Elbereth mumbling, her eyebrows furrowed and her head began to snap back and forth "Please your majesty, at least let my mother heal before we leave" She lay still for a few seconds before adding another sentence "No, Prince Legolas, it is your father's will" I lay shock still, I remembered that day, the day I lost my mother for good. I lay down after she stopped mumbling and closed my eyes to sleep, well that was until I heard her stand and walk out. Curious I followed her.

Elbereth's P.O.V

'I knelt in front of the throne Thranduil sat there with the Prince of Greenwood standing at his side, my mother knelt beside me trying to hold herself up "No, no, please. Please your majesty" Thranduil shook his head "at least let my mother heal before we leave" I begged "No you must be out of my lands before sundown" He commanded "Father, please let Saerilla rest. She was your most loyal guard" I shook my head, Thranduil wouldn't be wavered I could sense that much "No, Prince Legolas, it is your father's will" I closed my eyes and a single tear dripped onto the floor, I turned and help my mother off the floor, and headed to the edge of the beautiful forest'

I woke up suddenly and glanced around quickly before standing, I needed time to think, I tiptoed over my companions. I walked to the side of a cliff and sat on the edge, my legs hanging over the rocky ground, I blinked away the tears that were threatening to fall, I began to sing a song my mother used to sing for me when I was a child, I sang it softly, letting the melody float through the ravine, I sang for Gandalf, for my mother, for everyone who had died while I was with them, for everyone who had died because of me.

When the cold wind's a a-calling

And the sky is clear and bright

Misty mountains sing and beckon,

Lead me out into the light

I will ride, I will fly

Chase the wind and touch the sky

I will fly

Chase the wind and touch the sky

Where dark woods hide secrets

And mountains are fierce and bold

Deep waters hold reflections

Of times lost long ago

I will hear their every story

Take hold of my own dream

Be as strong as the seas are stormy

And proud as an eagle's scream

I will ride, I will fly

Chase the wind and touch the sky

I will fly

Chase the wind and touch the sky

And touch the sky

Chase the wind, chase the wind

Touch the sky.