Chapter 27. Loving Scarlett.

Start from the beginning

"Tell me everything, Martin. Leave nothing out. Every single wound, scar, bruise, on her body. Tell me everything. Tell me how much I need to make those fuckers pay." I whispered, not letting my eyes wander anywhere but on her face.
"She...."
"She what?" I gritted.
"Let me get her file." He says and rushes out the room.
I leave a soft kiss on her forehead and basked in her presence.
I was so scared. So fucking scared.
But she is here now. She is safe.
And there is hell to pay for everything that she had been put through.

Martin rushes back in, locking the door behind him.
Taking a seat in his usual chair, he opens the file and examines it.
Dragging the chair closer to the bed, he sits back down after putting a bunch of photographs on my chest.
With my left I examined them one by one.
Bruises.
Cuts.
Blood.
More blood.
Teeth.
Five of them.
"They....molested her again. There were bruises and skin scraped where...where...."
He didn't need to finish what he said.
The photographs said it all.
They touched her where only I AM allowed to.
Bruising and scraping it...
They just signed off their own death warrant.
"Five of her teeth were knocked out, from what we have gathered, she was punched or kicked, resulting in torn lips and an almost broken jaw. I got dental experts to replace those. They found those broken teeth in her stomach lining. She had apparently swallowed them when she went unconscious. And she must have dislocated her shoulder when you had pushed her off when Roger shot at you. It was put back in place..."

With every word, my blood boiled to a temperature that was borderline dangerous.
But I kept myself calm.

All in due time.
I had everything planned.

"Anything else?" I ask him, handing back the photographs.
"They are in the tunnels right now. I extracted all the information that we needed."
So he goes on about everything that he has found out from beating those fuckers into pulp.
Apparently they are missing toes and fingers.
It sort of calmed me down until I can finally get my hands on them.
But the fact that Scarlett's still in danger, had me tipped.
She is not going to like the overprotective man that i will be until I have found out who exactly is the man/woman behind this ZRD.

"I told her." Martin tells me.
"About?" I asked.
"About you knowing about her past all this time..." He trails off.
I sigh in response.
I was going to tell her anyway once I have had them under my feet.

"What was her reaction?" I ask him.
"Shattered. She wouldn't stop crying. Good thing, she was made to take the painkillers. Otherwise she would have not slept all night. And you both need your rest in the coming days." Martin says with an intense glare.
"I will rest like a goddamn koala once the fuckers are dead, Martin. Get the plane ready. We are visiting Italy by tomorrow night." I Hissed.
"Zenon, she has been through alot...boy. You can't put more stress on her or yourself. She has been crying her eyes out, fearing for your life. Why must you be so impatient....."
"I don't care. We have all the time in the world for this shit. Get the plane ready." I said through gritted teeth.
"Very well." He said in a tight tone.
"I should go and inform the men and the pilot for the departure. I suggest you rest until then. I will send, Timothy in sometime. He will be ecstatic to know you have woken up. Not to mention. The community is driving me nuts with the daily questions about your wellbeing." With that he left through the door.
"Don't forget the dress." I called out after him.

Sighing in relief, I smiled down at my girl.
Honestly, is there anything this girl hasn't made me do since the day I fell in love with her?

She will get her white dress wedding soon...

***
I was smothered by a hug from Timothy as soon as I opened my eyes.
Chuckling I patted his shoulder.
"Nice to see you back, brother." He said in a whisper.
"Nice to see you well and good too, brother." I whispered.
He lets go of me and looks down with watery eyes.
This is family.