047

yebin [jamie]

yebin immediately closed her phone after she read jaehyun's reply.

'can i meet you at the rooftop tomorrow? let me explain'

a sigh escaped from her lips and sloppily threw herself onto her bed. the girl stared at the plain white ceiling with confusion written all over her face.

yebin tightly clasped her right hand unto her chest, feeling the fast beating it currently makes "why? you shouldn't have replied to that message, you dummy." she muttered under her breath and closed her eyes, trying to control and slow down the fast beating of her heart.

no. jaehyun likes another girl, she should stop whatever she's feeling for him. even though it's hard, it hurts, she should.

he wants to meet up with me because he wants to explain.. why? i don't even deserve an explanation, i'm actually just a stranger to him!

she immediately stood up from her bed which made her hair fall all over her face.

"jung jaehyun whyyyy?!" she cried dramatically "are you trying to make me go insane? well, just thinking of you already makes me go crazy!" she added and harshly threw herself again on her bed.

she opened her phone and re-read jaehyun's last message.

"hmm.. am i ready to face him? should i go?" worried, she asked to herself "i'll think about it" she answered under her breath and closed her eyes to sleep.

• • •

"yebin.. hey yebin" she heard a male voice whispering her name probably trying to wake her up.

she slightly opened her eyes and saw a middle-aged man wearing his usual corporate attire. "dad?" with a hoarse voice she called. slowly, she stood up from her bed and gave her father a smile

"honey, it's time for school" her father softly said while gently stroking his daughter's hair.

"school?" the smile on her face was gradually replaced by horror and immediately looked at the wall clock inside her room "oh my gosh! it's already morning?!" she asked surprised.

her father nodded and helped her stood up from her bed "you fell asleep yesterday after lunch. you didn't eat dinner again" he said and pursed his lips showing his disapproval at his daughter not eating dinner. he slid the curtains open, causing the sunlight to enter and brighten the once dim room

"is there something bothering you yebin? you've been like this since saturday evening" he inquired and sat on the edge of her bed "you know, you can tell me everything. i'm all ears" he added which made yebin bit the insides of her cheeks, trying not to spill the beans.

her dad is a very lovable, caring, and understanding man but she hasn't opened up to him regarding her personal love life. she's scared of how her father will react especially now that she's sulking inside her room for almost a day and a half because of a boy.

nah.. just nah..

"i'm fine dad. it's just something about.. school" she said with an obvious hint of hesitation. she knew her father noticed it because his eyebrow lifts up.

sorry for lying dad. she thought and diverted her gaze to the carpeted floor.

she heard her father sighed and stood up from her bed "it's okay honey. whatever it is, always remember that i'm here okay? i'll listen to you. just tell me whenever you are ready" he warmly said and smiled to the young girl. "go get ready, i'll drop you off to your school" he then messed the girl's hair and left the room.