Part 1

Naruto limped along the street, putting some of his weight on Haru. The dog whined and would occasionally lean back to lick at his owner. Naruto groaned and stopped moving for a second, trying to assess the amount of damage. He guessed maybe a few broken ribs, a fractured leg and some sprains and cuts around. Nothing he couldn't live through. He tested his leg again, just to make sure it was truly broken, and grunted at the uncomfortable feeling. He felt bad for using Haru for a crutch, but at the moment, he had no choice. He didn't know how the tiny puppy, smaller than all the others, had grown to be nearly as big as Kiba's own dog.
Naruto took several slow steps, watching his surroundings. He needed to get back to his team, but he didn't know where to find them after he sent them off. As it was, he was an easy target, and he didn't like it. Walking around the town hadn't been his intention—he'd be so easy to spot--- but Haru had brought him there, and since he was the only thing keeping Naruto up, he'd had to follow. Something caught his attention and he glanced at a bush in the corner. A blade. Naruto huffed and hid along the other side of a building. They were so clumsy! What did that say of Naruto?
"Naru," a voice said in his ear, and Naruto startled. He glanced sharply at Sai and quickly slammed his fist into that annoying face of his.
"Don't do that again!" Naruto hissed, glaring down at him. Sai merely laughed and stood up. The blond wished he could do some harm to the man, but whatever he did, Sai didn't seem to mind. He was becoming more disturbing.
"I couldn't resist," Sai whispered, and then glanced around the building. "You aren't in good shape, are you? Careful, enemy coming up. I'll take care of him, just stay put and don't let yourself get hurt even more."
"Thanks," Naruto grudgingly said. He observed as Sai took up a defensive position. They both watched as the katana slid into view before the man even did. They were so clumsy! Naruto glared. At least it hadn't been that idiot that had injured him, but it still felt embarrassing that a group of weaklings had injured him. In his defense, however, Naruto had been mostly injured by a fall, and the leader was much stronger than the rest. Sai pressed himself against the wall, and as soon as the idiot stuck his body out and into the alley, he quickly took care of him.
"How'd you get hurt?" Sai asked, putting Naruto's arm around his shoulders. Haru still stuck to the blond's side, ready to catch him if he fell.
"The leader," Naruto said. "He pushed me off the waterfall. I fell into the rocks."
"Mm, he's strong," Sai said grimly. "Now that you're out, who's going to take care of him? The other guys are easy. They're idiots. But the leader?"
"I suppose you'll just have to. Get Lee and Shino if you need help."
"Not Tenten?"
"No, I need her to treat my wounds." Naruto and Sai hobbled along. Sai smiled when he realized his leader had just entrusted the job of killing the enemy leader to him. "Stop grinning, Sai. It's creepy."
Sai took Naruto to a cave, and as they got closer to it, Naruto heard a shriek and Tenten ran out, staring open mouthed at him.
"What happened to you?" Naruto explained as Tenten sat him on the ground and wrapped the cuts. She did her best on his broken leg and ribs, but Naruto would have to wait until they got back to Konoha (and Hinata) to have any sort of relief.
"Sai," Naruto said seriously. "The man has hidden blades in his sleeves. He uses this odd technique-I can't explain it. Just be careful, and never let your guard down. Not even when it seems you've won. Understood?"
"Understood, Captain," Sai answered. He nodded and then turned to Lee and Shino. "Come, you two. Tenten, you stay and take care of Naruto. Take care of the guys who try to attack." When the three men had left, Naruto stared at the spot they were at.
"Tenten?" Naruto questioned, turning to her.
"Naruto?"
"I wanna watch."
"Good, I do too." Tenten said, grinning. She pulled him up, and with her and Haru together, they were able to make it to an outlook where they could watch the whole fight. Naruto was impressed by Sai's skills. He began to wonder if he always underestimated the man. But then he made an amateurish mistake and Naruto took it all back.
Lee shouted something and attacked, barely landing a hit on their enemy. Sai took advantage of the man's momentary shock and threw his own hit. Bugs surrounded both of them, but none ever so much as touched Sai. The enemy raised his hand, and Naruto recognized it. He was about to throw his weapons, and Sai wasn't aware. Just as the man reached into his sleeve, Naruto yelled, but he wasn't needed as the man fell from a cliff. Everyone looked away as his body hit a rock. He didn't move again.
"What in the world?" Tenten whispered beside Naruto. The blond felt a shiver run up his spine. Something was wrong. Forgetting his injuries for a moment, he ran to the man and searched for the reason of his sudden drop. It didn't take long to find it. A needle was stuck in his neck, and blood trickled from it. It was about 5 inches long and a centimeter wide. Naruto carefully pulled it out and glanced up as Sai, Lee, Shino, Tenten and Haru joined him.
"We need to get back to Konoha. I need Shizune to see this," Naruto said lowly. He wrapped the needle in a cloth and stuck it in his pocket. "I'm heading back first with Tenten. I need you guys to take care of the rest of them. Sai, you're in charge till you get back."
"That's not necessary," Shino said. "All the others are dead."
"What?" Naruto glanced back at the town. He saw one man lying on the top of a building. What in the world was going on?

So, I was hoping I could finally just update one part every week, buuut I am going through the moving process, so updates are gonna be a little slow. Sorry! I was thinking of just waiting till we moved, but you've all been so patient with me and have been waiting a long time, so I wanted at least give you the first part. 

Also, we'd been hoping I could get my license before we moved, but we got busy and stuff kept happening and I couldn't do the test to get it. We finally tried scheduling, but it's after my permit expires...We called and thankfully I won't have to do all the hours again, but I'll have to take the written test again, and I barely passed it the first time! 

Anyway, thanks for being patient. I will try my best to update again by Thursday next week, but who knows if I'll be able to. Love you all!