Beautiful Empty Life: The Paradox of Instagram & FB

The black and white photos of our parents and grand parents do very little to depict the life of the era. That's because before life was beautiful and pictures were plain. And yet, their lives were beautuful and most importantly-  they were real. They lived. They laughed. They cried. And, all that without fancy instagram pictures and facebook profiles. When they ate, they enjoyed it. When they smiled, they meant it -- because they did not do it for the camera. They, unlike us, did not have millions of people to impress worldwide, over the web. Now, it feels like all we do is create beautiful empty pictures of our beautiful empty lives. Yes, we have ton of colorful, HD, porfolio pics and mobile uploads. I know I have over 3,000 pics on my cell phone alone. This is not including the pictures that I have on Facebook, Instagram and my camera. But let's take a quick look at our lives for a moment. We take pictures of everything, of our clothes, our food, and even selfies, to post it online, share it, and ultimately impress people. We became so concerned with our pictures that we completely forgot to enjoy the moment. Indeed, instead of biting into a delicious dessert, we first wait a moment to take a picture. Instead of laughing at a joke, we often take a minute to pose. And what is it doing for us? Does it make our lives happier? Does it make our lives richer? No. We are just fooling ourself and living the most beautiful empty lives. Beautiful- because we became experts in creating beautiful pictures even out of nothing. And empty- because very often there's nothing behind the picture. It's just a picture.