t h i r t y s i x

t h i r t y s i x

As soon as Lina finished waking all the members of Baby Lips, she asked Sun and Bom to follow her into the lounge room where a meeting was set up with other Pledis executives. From the looks of it, Sun assumed it was nothing good, especially considering that they had called her and Bom. Both girls hadn't even been given time to change out of their pajamas and Sun took a seat awkwardly at the table. There were only two empty seats, and they happened to be on opposite sides of the table because the executives and managers were afraid of a physical fight breaking out between both girls.

But Sun wasn't thinking about fighting with Bom in that moment. She was more interested in finding out what the managers wanted to tell them.

Lina was the one who spoke first, she since had been the only one of them to see all the problems in the group first hand. She lived on the same floor with the girls--even though her room was a single, and much bigger than the ones the idols used, she went to the Pledis building with them every morning, and returned with them in the afternoons. She even sometimes had dinner together with them, whenever she didn't feel like going out for food. She was almost like another member of the group, only she wasn't. She was their manager. 

The other managers and executives only knew what happened in the dorms thanks to weekly reports Lina was supposed to submit as part of her job on every Monday afternoon. It was how they had been made aware of the chaos and fights between the members--most Minnie and Sun against Bom, as they saw it. Bom had convinced them to believe that she was the victim.

"We called you here this morning because we have an offer for both of you." She began, her voice tired from all the fights and internal problems in the group. Sun almost felt bad for her. After all, as she had pointed out several times already, she was only taking orders. Perhaps she wasn't really that bad of a person after all, but just a puppet of Pledis Entertainment just like Sun and her group mates. 

She waited for a moment, studying the reactions of the two girls. Both only watched her with confusion. 

Then she continued, "The way we see it at Pledis Entertainment is that the problems in the group are only stemming from the two of you." She said, looking to Sun and then to Bom.

Bom crossed her arms over her chest, defiantly protesting. "Why isn't Mina here too? She's the most problematic of us. Do you not remember the way she attacked me the other day?" She asked about Minnie and her absence from that meeting. Sun was also surprised that she hadn't been called to attend. Then again--maybe the managers knew Minnie had been provoked by Bom. Anyone would have easily reacted the same, or worse. Sun was genuinely surprised Minnie had gone a bit easy on Bom by only leaving her with a black eye. It could have been much worse.

"Mina was not called because she's never been problematic before, so she's getting a second chance." Lina explained. Like the others, she had also heard the stories about Minnie and her upbringing in Mexico. But she had never seen the Baby Lips vocalist so violent before. She was normally sweet tempered. Now he knew it was as long as no one messed with her.

"Then I don't know why I'm here." Bom continued arguing with Lina. "I've been pretty well behaved since my debut. Its Mae who's been the most problematic."

Sun rolled her eyes at Bom. 

That wasn't entirely true. It seemed that in Pledis Entertainment, it was a tradition for their maknaes to be the most problematic. Sun was often thought as problematic by the media with her constant antics and various rumors surrounding her. As the maknae of the subgroup BLK, Bom was often very problematic as well. Then there was their unnie from Roser-lo, Chaewon, who was the maknae of her group and was also involved in various dating rumors.