t w e l v e

t w e l v e

Knowing she would have to go on a date with Aron upon returning to Korea made Sun dread returning. She almost hoped something would happen that would prevent them from returning. The Baby Lips maknae wasn't prepared for what was to come. The date with Aron, the talk with Yixing that she had a bad feeling about, and all the lying she needed to continue doing. 

She knew it would eventually become too much for her.

The six members of Baby Lips M got up early for breakfast and then took their luggage down to the van that would get them to the airport. 

The entire time, Sun was nervous and full of uncertainty. Yoona noticed this and wrapped an arm around the youngest member's shoulders to provide her with comfort. "If you're still worried about the scooter incident, or about that whole dating an EXO member thing, just forget about it. We'll get through all of this together." She told her with a cheerful smile.

Sun almost envied her sub group's leader.

She didn't have to worry about the rumors because the rumors were always about Sun. She was the preferred target for rumors because she was the youngest, and as the youngest, she was also the most reckless of the group. She was the one always causing mischief. Of the late, her managers had warned her against it and she had managed to tone her behavior down. But the rumors persisted. If it wasn't one thing, it was another. Everyone was always keeping an eye on Park Mae.

When they got to the airport, it was swarming with reporters who wanted to know about Sun's secret relationship. All of them shoved microphones in her face, bombarded her with questions, and snapped countless amounts of photos while the maknae tried to cover her face.

Yoona and Minnie shielded her as best as they could until they got onto the plane. 

Once on the plane, Lina heaved a satisfied sigh. "You didn't respond to the reporters' prying questions. Good job, Mae." She said to the girl who was sat in the same row as her.

Sun only nodded and stuck her ear buds in to tune out the outside world.

She listened to the playlist Minnie had created for her on Spotify with traditional songs of Mexico, which her friend promised would help her perfect her Spanish. They were songs the idol from Lagos de Moreno was considering for her first solo album side project. Passion & Pride: The Sounds of My Country was the name she had chosen for it, and Minnie was already working on the production of the album with the managers of Pledis and Baby Lips.

As the music filled her ears--at full volume--Sun closed her eyes and tried to forget about all the lies she was having to tell if she wanted to keep her relationship with Yixing a secret.

-

In Korea, there was an equal amount of reporters waiting for them. All of them were more interested in Sun's love life than in the new album or the new perfume that would be out in the Chinese market within a few days. Sun rolled her eyes as she passed them with Yoona and Minnie shielding her like body guards.

The media always focused on the most irrelevant things.

Baby Lips M made it to their waiting car successfully, without talking to the media. That was a first for Sun, who always had something to say to them--but that was when it came to EXO. The media had ways to push her buttons and getting her to talk by commenting on how they were musically better than them. EXO was slightly more popular, won more awards, and had found more success than the Pledis girl group, and that always bothered Sun.

This time she had no room to worry about the other EXO boys where her love life was in jeopardy. Pledis was playing chess with her life, in a game of strategy where they were the only ones to result winners.