Twd 14 the walking dead fan fic

Thanks for reading! like, comment, follow!

Immediately when I woke up I checked my watch. Twelve o' clock. Wow. I didn't think I could sleep in that long. However, everyone else was still asleep. I thought my watch was off. Daryl was still passed out beside me. I thought about last night. Wondering if he only said and did the things he did because he was drunk, or if he actually meant it.

I turned, facing the door, when Rick walked in. I mouthed, 'they're all asleep' and he just nodded. He smiled when he saw Daryl next to me. I shook my head with a grin and he left the room. I swung my feet off the bed about to get up, when Daryl's arm reached out and wrapped around my waist. "Where do you think you're going?" He said in a raspy voice. He was so adorable when he was tired. His smile made me blush. "I guess nowhere, country boy." "I thought I told you not to call me that anymore Texas Ranger." That answered my question if he remembered last night. I did a mini victory dance in my head. "How long have you been awake?" I asked with a flirty smile. "Not for too long," He returned. He pulled me in close and planted a kiss on my nose. It was the cutest thing, I couldn't help but smile like crazy. I placed my lips on his and felt him smile as we kissed. I drew back and grabbed his hand. I pulled him off the bed and to the breakfast table, leading him by holding his hand. I turned my head back and gave him a suggestive smile.

Rick and the Greene's were the only ones up at this point, all gathered in the kitchen. "Looks like yesterday's events knocked us out," Hershel said with a chuckle. I let out a laugh and sat down at the table. Eggs, biscuits, and gravy were placed in front of me. The hot aroma caressed my nose. It smelled like heaven. "So, now that you found the girl, what are you all going to do?" Hershel questioned. Rick answered quickly, "Well, we could help you out around here, go on a run if we need to, whatever you want us to do." Hershel nodded and replied, "I would like some help harvesting the food, then planting some more. The animals need fed and groomed as well." "Ciara and I could go hunting, too," Daryl added with a smile. He gave my hand a squeeze underneath the table. "Sounds like a plan. Get everyone up and we'll start in 30 minutes," Hershel announced.

Rick and I went room to room waking the hungover sleepers. I usually didn't get hungover, but man did it hit Glenn. He was moving groggily and complaining about a major headache.

---

Daryl and I left the farmhouse and escaped into the woods. We both had our crossbows ready. He still had a lot of arrows left, while I only had a few. I couldn't stop thinking about last night as we stealthily moved through the trees. I spotted the first prey and retrieved the dead rabbit. Within 10 minutes, we caught 21 squirrels and rabbits total. The dead animals were swaying on our belt loops, knocking against our legs. After a little bit more of walking, I spotted a lake. "Hey look, a lake! Let's go check it out!" I exclaimed. Daryl rolled his eyes with a smile across his face. I undid the animals from my belt and took off my over shirt. I threw them on the wooden deck reaching over the water. I was just wearing a tank top and shorts. I was thigh-high in the ice cold water, which felt great in the summer sun. It was mid-August and the water melted away the beads of sweat. The water was just so refreshing. It reminded me of when you workout and it's super hot, and you take a gulp of ice cold water. It felt amazing.

Daryl smiled and took off his shirt. I never realized how great of a body he had. He sprinted in the water and ran towards me. His arms wrapped from behind me around my waist. Butterflies fluttered in my stomach. It was amazing how even in this world someone managed to make me feel this way. He turned me towards him and brought his hand to my cheek. He lured me in and my lips touched his. His free hand made its way down my back and to my hips. We both smiled, even while kissing. I drew back and gave him a grin. I splashed water all over him and his facial expression went from soft to playful. "I got you. Game on," He said with a smirk. He grabbed me from behind and lowered me into the water with him. We were both in a sitting position and the water was up to our shoulders. Laughs escaped from our mouths. We were soaked at this point. We swam the little parting distance between us to each other and kissed again. He picked me out of the water as if I were a baby and held me tight to his chest. Just this little gesture melted my heart. He carried me to the deck and put me down. We put our clothes back on and grabbed our weapons and headed back into the woods. I was a few feet in front of him and turned around to give him a smile. He returned it with a wink. We both let out a chuckle and continued our hunt.

We almost made it to the edge of the woods which were adjacent to the farmhouse. Almost. A thunderous noise pierced the quiet afternoon. My shoulder oozed pain as I fell to the ground. Daryl's facial expression changed in a heart beat. He kneeled down next to me panting, "Ciara stay with me. Stay with me." My vision turned into a blur.