He took a deep breath. "Last night..." he stopped.

"You were on whatever drugs make a vampire crazy. You then came home and took whatever true emotion you had and spat it on me," I said bitterly. Obviously, this was jealousy speaking as I recalled the way he stood with the redhead on his arm.

At my feet, I heard Vasya trying to hide his laugh with a terrible cough. "It won't work, Vas," I said drily.

"No, last night, I found my queen," he said quietly.

At first, I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to believe it. Then, I had to ask a question —just to break my heart further, just to cement the sadist I knew I was. "Your rightful queen? The one you know that is meant to be queen?"

I turned to look at his face. To see whether he would lie to me. His head hung and he was staring at the black sheets as if he hoped they would give him either the answers that would soothe me or the strength to tell me the truth.

"No, I found her suitable to be my queen. The other girl —well, woman actually —isn't fit to be my queen. She is reckless and impulsive and childish. Those aren't necessarily bad qualities, but she can't follow an order or listen when someone talks."

For some reason, I felt as if he was talking about me being reckless and impulsive. I am not saying that I think he thinks that I am his queen; I just think he found a suitable way to indirectly tell me his true feelings of me.

"So, you can't groom her? You can't help her to be the queen she needs to be? Instead you will just pick someone who looks like she can fit the bill. Instead you will just pick someone you can control and tell her to say what you want, when you want it to be said. You are afraid of a challenge!" I said angrily.  I was disgusted by him, by his cowardice.

"Just shut up, Liv. You know bloody nothing! You think you may know everything, but you bloody well don't!" he yelled back at me.

"Yeah? And whose fault is that? Who refuses to let me go without giving me a proper reason? Just let me leave and your life will be better!" I cried and tears ran down my face. "Just bloody let me go. But you won't. You know why? Just so that you can have someone to blame when you don't get things to go your way! You just want me to be your scrape goat!"

"It is not what you think."

"Then tell me what it is. Stop thinking what I think. Just bloody tell me the truth!"

He looked at Vasya and somehow his decision was made. "Alyona Larisa is staying with us. She will have a bed on your floor. She and I have been meeting for the past few weeks and it seems like she is the one."

My heart broke and I could feel each piece shatter as he said that, but, I kept my face impassive. I was not going to let a guy break me. I was not going to act affected, instead, I will be the opposite. I will be emotionless and indifferent to the whole situation.

"She is perfect, you know? Her red hair looks like flames from a fire. The freckles across her nose and cheeks make her look so innocent —" he was going to continue, but Vasya cracked up.

An angry Alex shot him a dirty look —which he seemed to be doing a lot of —and continued when Vasya quietened his snickering. "As I was saying, her freckles make her look innocent and I absolutely love her curls as her hair swings over one eye. Her curvaceous body is a wonder to travel your hands over," he sighed dreamily and was ready to continue.

"I think if I have to hear how much you enjoy running your hands over her body, I might just puke," I said quickly.

He smirked, knowing that he irked me and he just scored one point for him. But this was a battle I intended winning and I wasn't going to let Alex and his redhead beat me.