Chapter 12.

Chaka stretched with a yawn, blinking his eyes open. He glanced at Kion and Bunga, a faint smile tugging at his lips.

They're kinda cute together, Chaka thought with a small laugh, standing and shaking out his fur. Deciding to let them sleep for a bit longer, he started walking, thinking.

He'd done it. He'd left his father and his silly games behind. He didnt want to be evil. But what if Artemis was right? What if it really was his destiny?

How can something I hate be my destiny? Chaka thought with a flick of his tail. No. His father was just a stupid, bloodthirsty killer, and Chaka would never stoop to his level.

Still thinking, he didnt notice he was approaching his siblings until he heard Vexy say his name.

"Chaka! Try this!" Vexy shoved a piece of meat in his face abruptly.

Chaka blinked. "Uh..."

"No way!" Vincent snapped, ripping off some flesh from a zebra and handing it to Chaka. "This is way better!"

"You've got cobwebs in your brain!" Vexy snapped back. "Elk is tastier! Zebra is just chewy."

"Chewy is good!" Vincent defended. "At least zebra doesnt taste like roadkill!"

"Hey!" Vexy exclaimed.

"Guys," Chaka laughed.

"TRY IT!" Vexy and Vincent shouted.

"No," Chaka exclaimed. "This is nuts."

"Your nuts." Vexy scoffed. Chaka rolled his eyes at her.

"Anyway," Chaka chuckled.

"We'll continue this argument later Vex." Vincent huffed at his sister.

"Fine." Vexy stuck her nose in the air and glared down at her big brother.

Vincent glared back, a faint smile tugging at his lips.

"You guys are worse then Kion and Bunga!" Chaka laughed, sitting down.

"No way!" Vexy giggled. "Those two argue more then anyone!"

"At least they keep it playful." Chaka teased.

Vincent rolled his eyes at his brother. "Oh shut up." He said playfully.

"Never." Chaka growled playfully.

Vexy sighed, dropping back. "Hey, does Kion know yet?"

"Nope." Chaka said.

"Its not fair." Vexy huffed. "He's future King and doesnt know it. And he never will know it."

"No, he's got this Lion Guard stuff now." Chaka explained.

"Lion Guard?"

"Yeah." Chaka replied. "Dont worry, it confused me too."

"But," Vincent furrowed his brows. "The second born leads the Lion Guard."

Chaka and Vexy blinked at him.

"Sorry." Vincent's mouth twisted. "I've been spending too time with this monkey. I think his names Rafiki or something."

"The second born?" Chaka echoed.

"Then Kiara should be the leader of the Lion Guard." Vexy pointed out.

"Its said," Vincent replied. "That the second born of the King and Queen get the Roar of the Elders. When you use the Roar, the great lions of the Pridelands past roar with you. Its granted to the second born, who becomes the Fiercest of the Pridelands and the new leader of the Lion Guard."

"Hmm." Vexy hummed. "So Kion has the Roar?"

"If he's the new leader, yes, he does." Vincent responded. "But it also means Kiara has the Roar as well. She was born with it."

"Hm." Chaka blinked. "Interesting."

"Say, does Rafiki know that Kion's the real future King?" Vexy asked suddenly.

"Yep." Vincent nodded. "He plans to tell Kion when he's older. But in all honesty, Kion doesnt really seem to care much about ruling."

"Well yeah," Vexy snorted. "Since he doesnt know he should be the next King!"

Vincent shrugged. "Not our business I guess."

"Yup." Chaka yawned, standing up. "Well, im gonna go hang out with Lune."

Vexy snickered. "Tell your girlfriend I said hi."

"Have fun." Vincent teased. "But not too much fun."

Chaka rolled his eyes at them. "Later." He laughed, bounding off.

"Bye!" His siblings yelled after him.

Chaka smiled to himself as he ran. Why would I ever become a killer?