Part II : Chapter XXXIII

Start from the beginning

        "Do you want to find out?" Astryd cooed, lightly tracing his own ice, daggered hand exactly over his heart. Loki squirmed under her hold, trying to regain control over his hand but it was of no use. Astryd was more powerful than him.

           Loki stared into her eyes helpless. He never thought that he would die at the hands of the one who claimed to love him most. Not able to bear with the thought of what was about to occur, he willed himself to remember the memories he cherished most. Among them, was a memory of Thor, Astryd, and Loki playing together in the palace gardens. They were free of worries, careless, and mischievous then...What happened to us? He wondered solemnly.

         "Stop. This isn't you." Astryd's own voice repeated in her head again, begging herself to open her eyes and face the real enemy.

     "Kill him. He deserves to die and at what better hands than at yours?" The other voice contradicted, trying to regain control over Astryd's mind. This time, it didn't completely win her over.

       Without her full consent,  her own hand gripped Loki's deformed hand tighter, piercing it through his armor and into the first layer of his skin. Another muffled cry that did not fully escape from his lips was heard. Hopelessly, he placed his free hand over Astryd's stuggling to pry it off as his daggered hand continued to go in deeper and deeper. Astryd's hand trembled violently as she fought to regain control over heryself. She was still in a daze, not knowing exactly what was going on, much less on how to stop it. 

         "NO!"

      A heavy, hard object was flung at Astryd, sending her crashing into a wall. Her head hit the wall, sending chils up and down her spine. Astryd blacked out for a moment. Her eyes opened in alarm as the spell on Loki's lips lost its magic, producing a loud, blood curdling scream that finally brought Astryd to her senses.

**

        What's going on? I thought frantically. I tried to sit up, but a heavy force on my chest prevented me from doing so. Panic arose in me and I glanced at my chest to see mjolnir. Thor's here.

        I ran my hand through my hair and froze. Bringing my hands over my face, I let out a shriek. They were stained with blood. Loki's blood, I remembered. I struggled to get mjolnir off of me but it was of no use. The panic in me increased followed by the consummating anxiety. Why do I have Loki's blood on me? Is he...dead?

       Mjolnir flew off of my chest and I could finally breathe again. I sat up, trying to regulate my breathing. Thor came into view and his hand outstretched itself towards me. I didn't take it. Loki's coughing diverted my attention to him.

        His black hair was disheveled, chest covered in blood, green eyes wide in horror, and mouth agape. He was bad, very bad. And it's all my fault.

         "Loki," I whispered, crawling towards him.

        He flinched in response, moving away from me traumatized. I stopped, not wanting to inflict any more harm on him. Words couldn't describe how I felt. My emotions were chaotic and it took all I had left in me to not let them consume me. "Loki, I-I'm so sorry. I-"

     I stopped midsentence. He wouldn't even look at me. My ears began to sting, tears blurred my vision, heart rate accelerating as my head began to pulse. I was falling apart. I wrapped my arms tightly around myself, hoping that it would help me hold myself together. It didn't.

       I fell apart, both emotionally and physically. Choked sobs escaped from my lips and my body began to shake. I almost killed my brother today. Never in my mind will that be okay and never will the memory leave me. I'm haunted by myself, by my own doings. How could I have let this happened? Wherever I go, darkness follows...

      I could feel Thor's heavy gaze on me. Sneaking a glimpse at him, I saw how torn he was between us two. He didn't know which one of us to comfort at the moment. I tore my gaze away from him. I didn't want him to come over to me. I didn't want his comfort. I don't deserve it.

       "It's okay. Both of you are okay." Thor steadily said. Loki and I both glanced back up at him bewildered. As much as I wanted to believe it, the three of us knew the truth. It was written all over our faces.

                                                    We're not okay.

A/N: I had originally planned to write out more for this chapter, but decided not to.  I thought this was a good place to stop. I apologize for the not so good action. It's my expertise in writing, so I hope it was somewhat interesting and suspenseful. So...what did you think about Loki's & Astryd's fight? Do you think Astryd would've killed him if it hadn't been for Thor? Or would she have snapped out of it before it was too late? Do you think Loki will forgive her? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this chapter. Please leave them below!