Chapter One

Sitting on the edge of the ramp, I glance over to the group of people I hang out with.. The 'rejects' I guess you could say.

I had another friend, and her name was Yuki. She always told me I could do much better, and she doesn't understand as to why I hang out with them. 

I don't trust them.

I don't like them.

~

I lay back on my bed, staring at my ceiling. 

Ring! Ring! Ring!

I glance at my phone to see a call from Yuki, but I ignore it. 

They all called me robot. An emotionless asshole. I'm not like that.. They don't understand. I'm vulnerable.. What am I supposed to do?

I call Yuki immediately. 

"I am not a robot.." 

~

It's been a few days, and me and Yuki now hang out. I never hang with the rejects anymore. I understand.

Life is like this race. We all want to get to the end. But there might be a few detours.. Like friends.. Social interactions.

I would pretend like I didn't want friends, but of course I did.

~

"So, Kumi. I'm so happy you decided to hang out with me again!" Yuki says, flashing me her bright smile.

"I am, too, Yuki. I missed you."

Yuki looks surprised, before her face settles into a soft smile. I smile back at her, before looking up at the sky.

"You know.." I start to say, as Yuki turns her direction to me.

"Sometimes, when I'm depressed, I look up at the sky. It's always there, but nobody seems to care about it.. Kind of like me."