After 12: Gay boy

"Chris, Peej!" I called, they had waited for me a second day in a row. 
"Dan!" 
"You would not believe what Mr. Pool did," I sighed as Chris and PJ linked arms with me.
"What did he diddly do now?" Chris said in his over the top, borderline annoyed voice. 
"He moved Phil..." I sighed and felt PJ tense next to me but he remained quiet so I continued, "he moved him next to me."
PJ stopped and I felt my arm tug me backwards.
"You have to stay away from him," PJ said. His voice was steady, low and serious. His eyes had turned hard and he looked at me with a shaded expression.
"I can't just... move seats," I said and furrowed my eyebrows at him.
"Talk to Mr. Pool about it," PJ continued. It was obvious he wasn't dropping the subject but I couldn't figure out why.
"PJ... what's the big issue? He's just one person," I questioned him. Phil wasn't the nicest person but he wasn't some villain... was he?
"He's a bad person, he'll make you like him and open up to him just so he can gain from it," PJ muttered through clenched teeth. He clenched his fists.
"You said you were friends with him... what exactly happened?" It was obvious that Phil had done something very dark and personal to him. That was the only reason I had for why he hated him so much.
"Exactly what you think," PJ said straight faced before turning away from me and staring down the corridor. 
"Phil was PJ's best friend before me... when I joined the group Phil started getting closer to Jessica." Chris paused as if wondering whether or not to go on. "He told Jessica something secret about PJ that no one else knew... not even me."
"What could be so bad that you're this mad at him for?" I wondered allowed and saw PJ's eyes were watering up.
"I'm gay okay?" He burst out. His face turned red but not from anger, he seemed more embarrassed. He dropped his head and looked at the ground in order to avoid eye contact with me. "You were going to figure it out sooner or later."
"What's so wrong with that?" I asked and touched his shoulder.
"PJ, you know Dans not like the populars," Chris offered PJ some comfort and he took it as he managed to look at us all again.
"What's so wrong is that Alfie began to ridicule me, I was just another target to him and now he had his ammunition." 
"I'm so sorry to hear that," I said genuinely.  I knew how horrible it was to be bullied for something you couldn't help. Just like my gender isn't a choice, PJ being gay isn't a choice either. It's just how we are.
"That's why I don't want you getting close to Phil because he'll ruin you, in anyway he can find."
"I'll be careful, thank you," I said but in my mind I was trying to think of something that Phil could use against me. He already knew my biggest secret but hadn't he only used it against me because of Alfie? If I got to know Phil and Phil alone would he use other things against me if he uncovered more of my secrets?
"Why are you thanking me?" PJ asked confused.
"Because you - the both of you have been so kind to me. You've taken me in and now you're warning me about someone who I think I would've tried to get close to," I told him. I frowned, though, as I thought of Phil today.
"What are you thinking?" Chris took note of me lost in thought.
"He just doesn't seem like that kind of person. Sure he has a dark side but I feel like he has something good in him."
"It's just an illusion," PJ warned and I knew there was no way to argue with him about this. He knew Phil better than anyone here so all I could do was take his advice and keep up a guard around him.
"Let's go eat! All this talks making me hungry!" Chris interrupted before we could continue spiralling down in to an endless talk of Phils darkness.
"That sounds perfect," I agreed as Chris linked both me and PJ and pulled us forwards.

~

I didn't feel like eating much. I messed with the food on my plate and found myself absent-mindedly staring at the popular table. My focus was pointing at one person in particular; Phil Lester. I couldn't work him out. When he looked at me he had something genuine in his eyes like he was sorry for what was going on but when hes  talking to Alfie he turns dark. If he always looked like that I would believe PJ without question but I couldn't shake off the other Phil. Even looking at him now, he was smiling brighter than anyone I had ever seen and his presence seemed to brighten up the table as if he were a small sun. Alfie seemed to be a rain cloud in comparison, dampening Phil and hiding his true self. Or maybe Phil was just good at making people believe what he wanted them to... which begs the question of why he would want me to see him as good whilst also being bad to me.

I quickly looked down when Alfie looked my way. I tried to play it off and looked at PJ and Chris as they spoke. I had no idea what their conversation was about because all I could hear was blood thumping in my ears. 

"What are you staring at?" Alfie banged his hand on my table.
"Nothing," I lied and stared at the table, silently hoping he would leave if I didn't give him any attention.
"You're not a very good liar," Alfie ground his teeth and I felt my body tense up. I stood up slowly. "Where the fuck do you think you're going?"
"I was just leaving," I mumbled but I didnt get far before Alfie shoved me. My body smashed into my chair and both me and the chair crashed to the floor in a painful heap. The chair lid dug into my back and my hand smacked against the hard flooring. I felt my eyes water up. 
"Awe, you going to cry little girl?" Alfie teased.
"Shut up!" I tried to yell but it made pain erupt from my side.
"Leave him alone!" PJ jumped up and stood in front of my protectively.  I wished he would leave, I didn't want him telling PJ and Chris my secret.
"Oh look, is gay boy defending the tranny?" Alfie asked with a smug grin on his face. 

That word again. Tranny. I thought I had escaped it all those years ago but now the word followed me through the corridors as I ran out of the dinner hall.

AN:
It's the 19th of October! Happy stalking someone until they love you day! ^-^
Since today commemorates 7 years of Dan and Phil (and because Im ill and bored) I'll do a double update. Stay tuned!
- Rach x