I woke up only to see 15 missed calls from Bryce. I gently rub my eyes with the back of my hand and squinted my eyes at my phone. I reached for my glasses which was lying beside me on the bed and put it on just to be sure of what was on the screen.

It was actually 16 missed calls. Why did he had to call so many time? Was it out of guilt or what?

I tsked and place my phone on the bed right after getting my glasses off. I just needed to get my mind off what happened with him.

I stood up from bed and headed to the full length mirror in my room and take a look at myself before going into my bathroom to have my bath. I searched through my closet and pull out a blue high-waist shorts and a yellow top.

I got dressed and packed my hair in a ponytail style. I put my glasses on, grabbed my phone and headed stepped out of my room. My stomach was grumbling and I knew I shouldn't have refused dinner last night.

I got downstairs and saw my mom, dad and Jane sitting at the dinning, eating breakfast.

"Alex!" Jane said cheerfully and my mom and dad looked towards my direction.

"No one invited me to breakfast" I moved closer to the table, picked up an apple and took a bite. I smiled while they all stared at me like they were looking at a moving statue. Is it a sin I've been rejecting my meals?

"You would have refused anyways" my mom said, rolling her eyes and tilting her head to the side with a smirk.

"Well..I'm not refusing now" I said as I batted my eyelashes.

"Ok... would you have oat waffle?" My mom asked

"Sure" I sat down and continued with my apple. Max joined us at the dining table and his jaw dropped after seeing me. Why did everyone keep looking at me like that?

"What's happening?" Max asked feigning shock. I had no idea a party was going on here Max, since it was Saturday.

"What do you mean?" I asked him with my brows raised.

"You finally decided to join us after decades of isolation" Max scoffed and sat down. He was always looking for an opportunity to piss me off but I was not really in the mood for that.

"Be careful Max" My mom warned as she dropped the plate of waffle on the table before me. Raising her brow, she drops another place before Max. She was probably thinking I might leave the table if Max continued being Max but I'm not leaving the table without shoving every piece of the waffle into my mouth. I was so hungry.

"Okay" Max replied lowering his head at his waffle.

"Do you want anything else?" My mom asked sending me a smile. I could feel how happy she was, seeing me with everyone at the table.

"Orange juice" I replied.

"I want some too" Max said with a broad smile.

"Get it yourself, Max" my mom replied

"This is unfair" Max said, pouting his lips, hoping my mom would change her mind

"Life is unfair, sweetheart" My mom said as she excused herself to get the orange juice. I find myself sticking out my tongue at Max who narrowed his eyes at me in a mean way.

"I want to go to school on Monday" I said letting out a sigh. There was a sudden pause. I shouldn't be thinking of school after what happened with Bryce but I was really tired of staying at home all the time. I had the intention of avoiding him any way I could, If that was possible.

"Oh yeah? That's great honey" My mom said while handing me my glass of orange juice

"That's one good news" My dad chuckles