Chapter 25

This chapter is dedicated to Darcy10024991. Happy birthday sweetie...😘

It had been two days but it felt like decades already. It felt like my days were darker than darkness itself and my smile had been snatched from me.

I stood quietly at the window as my eyes wandered around, looking for Kent and hoping he'd show up from nowhere. Kent wouldn't show up anymore and I didn't seem to be use to not seeing Kent in a day.

I had decided to stay at home because going to school just became unnecessary since Kent wouldn't show up anyways. My mom thought that I might be sick again and advised that I stay at home till the following week.

I felt so lonely and just wished my window and curtains will make sudden movements and my paper works would be everywhere. I really didn't mind picking them up anymore, as long as I was seeing him, I didn't mind at all.

Where could he be?

What could have gone wrong?

Was he alright?

So many questions kept running through my head. Could I have done something wrong? I thought about our kiss and I felt maybe that was what pissed him off. But it wasn't my fault. He kissed me.

Maybe I shouldn't have allowed it. What was I suppose to do?. Thoughts of his sweet tender kiss would't leave my head, I bit on my lower lip as I walk to my bed.

I picked up my diary that was lying on the bed and pouted at it. It was my diary's fault. Maybe if my diary didn't exist or wasn't lying around carelessly, Kent would be with me right now. I tossed it back on the bed and laid my back on the bed staring at the fan blades as they ran after each other.

I thought of so many things I could do but I couldn't come up with anything. It was all blank.

I could only come to the conclusion that if I didn't see him before the end of the day, I would have to go to the hospital.

***

Few hours later, there was a knock on my door. I opened my eyes, and pulled myself up. I wondered if my mom was back. Or maybe it was Jane. The door creaked open and I knew only one person would dare open my door without waiting for a response. At least, he knocked for the first time in his entire life. I sighed

"Hey rabbit" Max said with a smile. He wouldn't stop calling me the stupid name. I just want to shove some carrots down his throat.

"What do you want max?" I asked with a frown on my face

"Nothing, just checking on you". Like he even cared how I felt.

"Well...thanks, you can leave" I rolled my eyes at him.

"Come on, is that how to threat a brother who cares?" He placed his hand on his chest like he was already heart broken with my words. I don't think nothing or no one can ever break his heart, he's a jerk and jerks like him don't get heartbroken.

"Uh-uh" I scoffed "you only care about yourself max" I rolled my eyes at him and looked away

"Seriously? That's a mean thing to say"

"Just go away" I rested my head on my pillow again hopping he would leave

"I don't want to, I want to be there for you. Are you thinking about him again?" He said and I couldn't help but pull myself up to look him in the eyes.

"Thinking about who?" I asked

"Your crush"

"What? No....if it's Kent you're talking about, I'm so over him" I bluffed