Chapter 14

Bel Boschetto( Beautiful grove)

It was sunset when Martha decided to go back home from her sacred place which she named "Bel Boschetto" which is Italian for "beautiful grove". She couldnt stop smiling and she could swear that there was more to that place than just the beauty of nature...

It made her feel ok, happy, contented and all smiles...she was yet to find out why she had felt so at home and somewhat connected to that place somehow but ofcourse there was no where to start from cause the place didnt have any name that she knew or heard about! For now, it was going to be her solace...her Bel Boschetto!

She reached home and debated in her mind whether she should call Lunn and tell her all about Bel Boschetto as she was so excited to let it slip only to be disappointed that Lunn's cellphone was currently switched off?.

'What happened to her? She never switches her phone off' Martha thought to herself but decided that she will find out the next day atleast when Lunn comes over as it was a Saturday and they had planned on having a good time.

That night as she reached home, ran straight to her bedroom, logged in on the internet straight to youtube and chose that one song she knew would descibe better how she felt at the moment as she stripped down to nothing and had a good longer than usual shower in her bath tub...smiling and singing along to 'am happy' by Pharrell williams as she played it over and over again cause it just so suited the moment.

Aftet she got done with her shower, she dried her self with her purple towel, dressing in her purple pajamas and got out her purple diary and started writing;

When some one you love
Leaves you unexpectedly,
You cant bare the pain
Of the hole left in your heart

I always wish
Never stopped for once
That you would all come back
And embrace this world with me

Its lonely here
So cold, so harsh
Though i know for sure
That you are gone forever
I still hold on, with hope
With love...

The memories we shared
The moments we had
The hugs and the laughs
We shared the best..

I wish i knew
That the time was up
For you to leave me
Only i wish i knew

I would have loved u better
Be a better child, daughter
A better big sis!
But we will never know

Have cried rivers
My soul is wounded
My broken heart sores
But i know you are safe

Its time to let go
Of the pain, of the hurt
Am sorry i let you go
But i forgive you still,
For leaving me behind

I know now for sure
You're in a better place
I can free myself
To breath and live again

Mama, Papa, Baby sis
My heart is engraved
In your souls..forever
Will love you all the way
Till we meet again.....

Martha embrace her diary close to her heart, with tears going down on either sides of her cheeks but with a happy smile on her face. She stayed like that for a while. Crying and laughing at the same time. She had archieved something....the missing piece of her life puzzle. Tears of joy...contented that she had grieved, mourned her time and now she was free.

Bel Boschetto was a sign...to her the way she felt connected to that place in the middle of the woods, she had felt at home...contented! She knew she could move on from now...not to forget but not to let the past stand in her way. She was happy...finally happy again!

As sleep drifted her away to dreamland,
"Come on mama...i want to do it! Please please please.." Martha tagged on her mama's arm with the cutest puppy face to convice her to let her cook. She had watched her mama cook several times tentatively and even tried to cook her self on mama's watch.

Never before had Martha tried to cook alone...now mama was so tired and had to wake up really early and papa too yet Martha was insisting on trying out a recipe of some delicious snack she had read from a magazine.

So today being sleepover day for her little sister in their parents bedroom, Martha was kinda bored because Lunn's Mum had promised to drop her off but she didnt and tomorrow being a no school day...she just didnt want to sleep early.

"No Martha! It isnt safe and i dont have much time to sit and watch you today. You will do it tomorrow i promise" Mama replied with a tired voice accompanied by a simple yawn.

"Mama please trust me! Atleast for once mama please" Martha continued whinning to Mama. " i will be carefull i promise! Please mama"

Mama finally said yes on resignation. "Alright! Fine Martha you can go ahead and practice. Call me incase of anything i will be in the bedroom. Please dont mess up and be careful!"

"Thank you mama! I swear you are the best mama in the whole wide world!" Martha kissed her mama on the cheeks as she sheepishly jumped up and down pounting. "Night mama"

"Night sweetie! Dont forget to call me when you need help!, ok" Mama said as she went to her bedroom. "and dont make noise Martha you know your papa and sister are already asleep"

Martha at this point had already ran to the kitchen frigde to get her ingredients and start her practice. Excited, she read every little word and followed all the steps mentioned in the recipe. Switched on the gas cooker and started cooking.

45minutes later, after making sure her snack was ready...she minimised the fire and picked up the small towel and carried her pan and placed it on kitchen table.

She was almost tasting her food to determine how her cooking practice went when she heard her phone buzz. Initially, she was going to just pick it up and bring it back with her in the kitchen so She absent mindedly threw the small towel towards the gas cooker and ran to the dining table to pick up her phone.

There was this trending thing on the internet which stole her attention thoroughly....smiling, she headed to the veranda couch just near the entrance to the house and Positioned her pale green pillow under her head and lay there caught up on her phone.

Her parents bedroom was stationed right near the kitchen a little far away from the living room. So Martha sitting right on the entrance of the house and being a 12year old, she was totally distracted on her phone and didnt actually pay attention to anything else including the snacks that she so much wanted to cook in the first place.

The small towel caught fire slowly burning up. Catching up with the gas, fire burst out through the entire kitchen up on the cieling burning up the wood on the ceiling making way to the walls.

And by this time, the kitchen side was all warmed up blocking up any oxygen going in the other rooms. Martha's parents and her sister being strongly asleep not suspecting a thing slowly suffocated as the fire threatened through the kicthen door and made its way into the collidors.
                  ................................