Chapter 6

My fight, Alone!

As Martha reaches her bedroom, Lunn rushes up, grabs her bag and storms out of Martha's room without another word.

She sits on the couch waiting for her ride home when Aunty, who has heard the whole argument comes in sits with Lunn and taps her on the shoulder giving her a sympathetic look silently soothing her to calm down.

Nearly 12hrs later, Martha decides to take a walk around the neighbourhood after a very long time. She lets Aunty know, grabs her jenifar style black coat and leaves the house.

Stepping out of the front door, she is greeted by the chilly air of the soon dark outside and for a second thinks about going back in to grab a scarf but finally decides she can manage so she sets off.

She is quite suprised how everything looks different as Its been really a long time since she roamed around the neighbourhood, not that she paid much attention the last times she she was here anyway..

She needs space to clear up her head but the chirping of the birds and the booming noise of a party a few blocks doesnt seem to help. She doesnt understand why everyone wants her to let go and act fine! Though its been 3years, the wounds are still fresh in her heart! And the more she thinks about the more it hurts,even more.

And knowing that there is more to it, more to that night that no body really knows about makes it impossible to just let go and forget, for them its just another day.

Just another day!

Feeling more frustrated after walking back and forth around the blocks for almost an hour dreading going back in de house just yet, she then decides to do the unthinkable!

She turns around, heads back in the direction where she had by passed earlier...

She stops in her trucks but doesn't allow herself to think much about her next move as she heads directly at the house where the noise from earlier is coming from.

Stops at the door, takes a deep breath and instead of ringing the doorbell she decides to knock.

Once...

Twice....

She did this half expecting no body to open up because of the loud noise on the inside but as she turns back to leave, the door clicks open!

"Ar...hm...hi....hi?" She stammers which comes out more as a question than a simple hi.

"Arrr...hmmm....hiii....hahaha. Were you invited?! He teases her which makes her even more furious and turns back to leave...

"Whoooa there missy....am just kidding come on in...its my damn party i let in whoever i want lol," he says as he strains to catch up with her. Nice hair you got there by the way" he smirks as he catches up with her.

She would have decided to leave at that moment but she didnt.. she wanted to do this! She was sick and tired of all the pressure....not that anyone ever said it in her face apart from Lunn of course but she could feel it suffocation her...why wouldnt they just understand that this is what she wanted, after all it was her parents!

She tags along.

"Am Jason by the way, Jason Walters" Jason says as he extends his hand to Martha.

"Martha, am Martha" she says shaking Jason's hand not bothering to be nice at all.

Jason Walters was quite attractive to say. Dark Milk Chocolate skin with a nice complexion. He had his Mohawk hair style tinted goldish which made him look more of a playboy. Bold shoulders and looked like older than Martha, say 19 to be precise.

"Ohk, am just trying to be nice! You seem so tense girl tsup?!" Jason opens the door not waiting for Martha's reply much to her favour because she wasnt ready to explain anything, atleast not now.

Not ever!

"Alright buddy, we here. Jason introduces her to a couple of his friends but she isnt that interested in knowing anybody for now. All she needs is to drink!

"I need a drink, alcohol....any thing liquor" she shouts in Jason's ears as its quite hard to talk quietly due to the now loud music.

"What? Are you even supposed to be drinking? You are like what, 15?" Jason who is smirking now points to where a group of other kids..mostly a little older than Jason himself are standing.

"Whatever"! She shouts back as she heads in the direction of the kitchen table full of scattered red pastic cups and goes directly to the 'punched drinks' section.

She grabs one of the red plastic cups from de pile and pours the dull looking liquid into it upto almost half the cup. She can feel the eyes of the group she passed earlier staring through but she doesnt want to care..

She gulps down all the liquid in the cup once and reaches out for more. This time she only takes just a couple of sips fir a few minutes before she goes into a swinging dizzy state.

She cant believe she has just had her very first drink ever! She staggers to find a hold of something. Anything.

Struggling to keep the hold of the red cup filled with quarter of the liquor she poured in for a seond round, as well as something just near enough, she starts feeling her knees weakening just after a few seconds.

Jason who seems to have forgotten about the new dreadlocked girl he met a few minutes ago comes in to fetch a couple of drinks for his friends and lands his eyes on her..

She is half sitted half standing with her back on the bookshelf that she was using for support.

Jason cant beleive his eyes! He doesn't know anything about her but has a strong feeling that something is up with her.

But the worst of all, she is now WASTED! Freaking wasted at his party! Damn'! he thinks as he scratches his head thinking of the what to do with her!
...............

                     .....My note.......

Ok. Thanx everyone for reading this chapter! As you can also see that the chapters are getting longer and more revealing! Like, comment and tell me what you think so far! Thank you all loves😚😚😚

And you can also follow me on my instagram, youtube, and twitter respectively and i will surely follow you back. Blessings!
De_lovie15 (instagram), kwagala stellah-Marie (you tube) and Delovie (twitter).