Chapter 3

‘Oh fuck,’ Frankie thought as she saw her ex-boyfriend walking down the street. She wasn’t sure why he was there. As far as she knew he didn’t live in the area anymore. Looking around she found Oscar’s workplace and ran in there shopping and all.

“Frankie?” Martin asked as she slid himself from underneath a car. Frankie was looking very distressed.

“What’s wrong? Why have you got all your shopping here?”

“I just saw Louis…”

“Oh shit.”

“Yeah, so I’m just going to hide here, forever…”

“Frankie…”

“Look, I really don’t want to go out there in case I see him…” she replied. There was a door opening and Oscar walked into the shop.  

“Frankie,” he said. He could see the tears were beginning to form, “what happened?” he asked Martin.

“She saw Louis, he seems to have moved back into town,” Martin replied. Oscar went to hug his housemate.

“Do you still have a picture of him?” Martin asked.

“Why on earth would you want a picture?”

“So I can make sure we deny him service if her ever comes to this garage,” Martin replied.

“Good idea, there’s got to be one someone. I’ll look for it when we get home, if that’s all right Frankie?”

“I don’t know if I have any photos left over…”

“We can get one off his Facebook if that’s the case,” Oscar replied.

“You two are lovely, you know that.”

“We know, now I’ll drive you back home and come back here…”

“I wish he was gone, at least he’s stopped trying to send things to me…” Oscar and Martin looked at each other. Sadly, Frankie caught them.

“Oh god, what did he send me?” she asked, out of disgust.

“He sent you a necklace for your birthday, he sent it to the PO box, he doesn’t know where you live, if you’re worried about that…” Oscar replied.

“I hope you got rid of the necklace then?”

“Yeah, we threw it away,” Oscar replied, Martin nodded.

“Look, I’m going to take you home now, if you ever feel unsafe don’t hesitate to call me okay.”

Frankie nodded, Oscar escorted her to his car and soon they were off. Frankie was relieved she had housemates like Oscar who were very willing to help her out of these situations. She was one lucky person, a year ago she would have never thought she could have people she could trust and now that she did the world was somewhat at peace again.

***

Armaan had called her this time, they had been talking nearly every day and he was a little worried that she hadn’t. Normally if she hadn’t called she would send him a message telling him that she was unavailable, he even tuned in to her show but Nathaniel was taking over this evening. He knew she loved doing her radio show and that there was something seriously wrong, Frankie had talked to him at length about music and this was definitely her passion.

“Hello?” she said, she sounded like she had a cold.

“Hey Frankie, it’s Armaan. I was just calling to see how you were, you’re not on tonight and I was wondering if you were okay.”