Chapter 2

“So Frankie, it’s just gone past midnight and you were telling me an interesting story today about something that happened back in your home,” Nathaniel said into the mic, turning to Frankie as if to get her to speak.

“Well, there was a strange incident in the night, I got a telescope for my birthday and when I was fiddling with it I kept accidently looking into my neighbours bed room. Trust me, it was extremely awkward, several times I tried to get things to work but it didn’t..”

“And?” Nathaniel interjected.

“I got caught looking, I didn’t mean to but trust me it got very awkward when he saw me. And then I sort of ducked for the floor and well, he held up a sign and now we’re friends, I guess,” Frankie replied.

“For our listeners out there Frankie is blushing, indiscriminately blushing, like beetroot red…”

“Anyway,” Frankie said trying to interrupt his stream, “let’s go to a song, Atomic by Blondie anyone?” she said as she hit the button, turning off the mics.

“You’re embarrassed Frankie…”

“Rightly so, it’s not exactly a story I wanted to tell,” she replied.

“What have we got up next?” Frankie asked, attempting to change the subject.

“News and some other things…”

“Hold up Nathaniel, it’s call in song requests,” Frankie interrupted. The song finished and the mics were back on.

“Now, that was Blondie with Atomic, now Nathaniel, what segment are we up to this time?” she asked.

“Song requests Frankie, and this request came via email. The song is by the Housemartins and it’s Happy Hour…”

“Ah, that’s a great track,” Frankie interjected.

“Well, the email states that this track it dedicated to his neighbour, he says ‘because I thought my neighbour would like this show, and I couldn’t believe that this is the show my neighbour is on…”

“You’re joking Nathaniel, please tell me you’re kidding!” she said, alarmed.

“I’m actually not.”

“What’s this persons name?”

“It’s just signed Armaan.”

“Oh god,” Frankie replied on air.

“What?”

“Armaan’s the name of my neighbour,” she laughed.

“Well, sounds like a fan.”

“Just play the track Nathaniel,” she said tears of laughter in her eyes. The days events had just gotten incredibly weird. Suddenly the mics were off again.

“Oh my god…”

“I know man, I know,” she replied.

“That’s really strange, did you know he listened to your radio show before?”

“I had no clue, I’m just as dumbfounded as you are.”

“He knows I work at a radio station, but I didn’t tell him which one.”

“I wonder if he does shift work then?”

“Maybe he listens to his when he does some amatuer astronomy,” she replied.

“It’s all a bit odd,” he replied before she switched on the mics.

“And that was Happy Hour by Housemartins, what did you think of that song Nathaniel?” Frankie asked, slipping into her radio persona.