Chapter 1.

"Vincent!" Chaka yelled, banging on the side of the cave with his paw. The young cub's dark blue eyes shone like stars, the black tuft of his mane falling in his eyes.

"Im coming! Geeze Chaka." Vincent snapped playfully, padding out of the cave with a yawn.

Chaka laughed. "Vexy gets ready faster then you do!"

Vexy smirked from where she stood, giving her brothers a smug look.

"Oh, shut up." Vincent cuffed Chaka over the head with a paw. "I just wanna look my best!"

"You wanna impress the Pridelanders dontcha?" Chaka giggled.

"Noooooo." Vincent said sarcastically.

"I kinda agree with Vincent!" Vexy chirped. "We want to make a good first impression, then maybe we'll make friends with some royalty!"

"And maybe one day we could be royalty!" Vincent replied.

Chaka made a face. "What does it matter if we're royalty, Vin? We dont really need anything but us."

"Maybe," Vincent said. "But it wouldnt hurt to have some power."

Chaka snorted. "Power's nothing compared to family."

"And thats why we love you bro!" Vexy nuzzled him. "Now cmon! We dont wanna be late for the party!"

"Yeah! I heard Prince Kion, Princess Kila, and Princess Kiara would be there!" Vincent agreed. "The twin cubs of Simba and Nala."

"Prince Kion is soooo cute!" Vexy squealed.

Chaka rolled his eyes, but chuckled.

Vincent scoffed. "Anyway,"

"Hey, which one was in line for the throne again?" Vexy asked.

"Kion was born before his sisters," Vincent said. "But Simba and Nala decided to make Kiara future Queen."

"But its tradition that--"

"That the firstborn rules," Vincent interrupted, then shrugged. "I know."

"So why choose Kiara over Kion if Kion was born first?" Chaka sounded puzzled.

"I dunno, its their choice."

"But.." Chaka frowned.

"You know whats really messed up about it?" Vincent asked. "They're telling the cubs that Kiara was born first,"

"What?!" Chaka exclaimed. "Is there something wrong with Kion then? Why dont they want him to rule?"

"I dont know," Vincent shrugged. "Maybe he's destined for something else."

"Well whatevs." Vexy stretched. "Now cmon! We're already late." Without another word, she spun around and raced off.

"Well, here we go." Vincent joked and followed.

Chaka stood there for a moment, frowning slightly in confusion, then shrugged and bounded after them.