Chapter 1 - Men and Floors

Okay so I'm a bit late but I made it! I had to miss out on my morning nap for this. Lol. But I hope y'all like it. I plan for this to be more of a short story. Something fun and lighthearted (cause those Michealson sisters are putting my emotions through the wringer, LOL) I hope you enjoy the crazy antics of Aggie and love her as much as I do. 

xoxo,

AM<3

Men and Floors

Okay so this isn't so bad. Agatha thought to herself as she stood near the refreshment table that held the cookies, assorted pastries, and sparkling punch. Her best friend had dragged her to a speed dating event that was being held by their university's Cupid Society. It was an organization that Agatha, and probably everyone else on campus, laughed at once they heard the name. I mean it was college after all, who was really looking for something long term in college? These were supposed to be the years where you dated casually, studied occasionally, and drank irresponsibly. Well at least Agatha used to laugh until she found herself at one of their orientations, thanks again to the instance of Bethany.

The Cupid Society was started by a few tech majors who were trying to get better dates for homecoming. They created an algorithm and asked students across campus to help them test it. Once they perfected its inner workings they put it to work helping fellow classmates find dates. Word reached a few trendsetters, who had to be in the know of everything that was happening on campus, and a small algorithm expanded into a full blown matchmaking service. The Cupid Society had services for those who were looking for something more stable and potentially long term, but the bulk of their work centered on the casual daters of the university. They held mixers for large groups, meet and greets for small groups, and speeding dating sessions for those who were still looking to explore their options.

Bethany, who had just gone through her seventh break up, in junior year alone, decided it was time for the both of them to try something new. Agatha, who still had yet to have even one official college boyfriend, only agreed to join her so that Bethany would stop droning on about her being a spinster if she would never put herself out there. It wasn't as if Agatha hadn't dated at all, she just hadn't found anyone that she liked enough to make it an official thing. And to be honest the whole casual dating, casual kissing, and casual sex situation kind of freak her out a little bit. Agatha was a very reserved person who didn't care for too many friends, so any man that was expecting more than a barely friendly hug on the third date — and there were many ­­– was out.

Because she wasn't actually looking to have a relationship Agatha refused to go to anything except speed dating. At least until they were sure that it wasn't going to be a group of horny nerds who couldn't find dates. Thankfully, the Cupid Society didn't disappoint. So far of the group of guys she saw milling about the meeting room at least half of them were at least a five, with more of them being closer to ten. And because the Cupid Society ran everyone who came to them through their algorithm nearly every man in attendance was someone Agatha could see herself dating.

Because they had so many new entrants and many potential matches that were already signed up for the program Bethany and Agatha had the option to attended two of the four speed dating sessions that were being held that day. Of course Bethany wasn't turning that down. 'The more men we meet the more we have to choose from,' she had told Agatha.

Now they had just finished their first session and were filling up on sugar while they waited for the next set of members to arrive. Bethany was going over the cards they had been given where they were instructed to check if they would like to go on a date with that person. If both couples agreed then someone from the Cupid Society would call them to handle the details of the date. Bethany had checked nearly every name.