10.

Sorry it's been a while since I've updated. To make up for it, here's a super long and nice chapter for you. I hope you enjoy.
Tw: mention of medication, mention of injury, mention of crash

It took a while to be released.

The doctor was worried about Tyler's mental state, none of his memories had come back.

Josh was long gone which left Tyler alone and more sad about how he couldn't remember who was once so important and meaningful to him.

But, today was the day he was being released from the hospital.

He didn't know how he felt, he was going to have to come back two days a week for therapy, so he didn't really see a reason to leave yet.

Tyler didn't argue though, he hated being in the same white-wall room all day.

After he was checked over one last time, he was able to leave.

The sunlight washed over him and he squinted his eyes, having been inside so long helped him realize how bright it always was outside.

His Mom lead him out to the car and made sure he was in fine before closing the door.

Tyler buckled his seat belt, looking around while his Mom was getting in to the driver's side.

He felt really uneasy, he didn't know why. His mom started the car and he shuttered, gripping his seatbelt tightly.

"Tyler?" His Mom looked at him, concern in her voice.

"I-it's nothing, Mom. Let's just go home." He knew it wasn't nothing. He may not remember most of the accident, but it still was in the back of his mind, creating most of the anxiety he felt.

It felt like it took forever to get home, and when they finally did he got out of the car as quickly as he could.

He carefully unlocked the door and walked inside. He stopped short though.

"Tyler-" His Mom said, trying to get around him and realizing why he had stopped.

He shook his head. "This isn't home. It looks like it, it doesn't feel like it. This isn't my house."

"It is. You've been in the hospital so long... It may feel different, but it's still your house." His Mom looked at him sadly.

Tyler looked around, and began to walk to familiar way to his room, everything looking foreign.

He stood in the doorway of his room, looking around at how a mess it was.

The blankets were thrown on the floor, pillows askew and untidy. Medication bottles littered the floor and his bedside table.

His mom had followed him, watching his slight confusion as to why his room seemed a mess. He was a tidy person, what was up with this?

"You were sick, remember? You couldn't exactly seem to keep it tidy, you were way too sick. Remember? Josh even tried to keep it clean too, but his priority was you."

Tyler carefully stepped in to the room. He didn't remember being sick, but he could definitely still feel that he was.

Immediately he began to clean his room, his mother finally leaving him to do so.

All the bottles that weren't empty and seemed useful, he arranged in the bathroom cabinets. He then worked on fixing his bed, and eventually all the tissues were gone and everything looked the way Tyler pleased.

Tired, he carefully crawled in his favorite side on the bed, by the wall.

He grabbed a pillow from beside him and pressed his face into it. Startled, he inhaled the scent of the pillow, familiarity washing over him. What was it that was so familiar? It made him feel safe and happy.